System Crash and BSOD when opening many apps but not all

Discussion in 'Crashes, BSODs and Debugging' started by Gym Instructor, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Gym Instructor

Gym Instructor

Sep 18, 2016
    Win 7 Pro, i7 processor, 16GB memory, running 3 displays (all working properly), new system 6 months old.

All of a sudden I'm getting system crashes and BSOD when I launch certain programs or try to uninstall a program.

For example, I have a HP Scanjet 7000 scanner; when I open the scanner software or the scanner software utilities, the system crashes. No improvement when I disable the scanner software or the device itself.

When I try to uninstall the scanner drivers and/or the scanner setup utility, I get a message saying the Windows Installer service is not running. I manually start this service, then try to uninstall. Same system crash occurs.

I don't currently have any trouble opening the MS Office applications (thankfully).

No new software or hardware recently installed. Windows 7 update downloaded and successfully installed.

Help is most appreciated.
    Gym Instructor, Apr 3, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question