BSOD crash

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Most of the DMP files I looked at all point to a file called halmacpi.dll. Are you using Avira antivirus?

halmacpi.dll is a Microsoft file but from what I can find in searches it could show up in relation to Avira antivirus issues, so if you have Avira then remove it. After using the Windows uninstall, use Avira's removal tool if one is available, so it gets rid of all of it. NOTE: just disabling the software does not remove the drivers and won't resolve the issue

See if your BSOD problems stop. If it works then you should probably try a different antivirus software.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't have Avira antivirus
The only security software is Anvi Smart Defender

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well I would still look at anything programs and/or drivers you installed around the time your BSODs started.

If Anvi is a recent install I would probably try uninstalling it just to rule it out as the cause.

Reaction score
(Same person but have difficulty to sign up)
I have formatting my laptop a few time
Try to uninstall a few software for the past one year
Also trying difference OS but problem keep pop up (freeze screen)
If this hardware problem tell me which one i should change ?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If it has done this since the computer was new then it may be a hardware issue, faulty processor or bad memory etc but there are so many possibilities that I could not tell you anything for sure.

Ask a Question