SOLVED F-Secure Internet Security 2011 for $33.61 !!

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Hello All! Here's a GREAT DEAL from Dealtaker dot Com:

The promo states: Save $20.00 off of one year subscription to F-Secure Internet Security 2011 for 3 computers. Reg. Price is: $59.99

Here's the link: http://www.dealtaker.com/store/f-secure/

The interesting thing is when you click on the BUY button, here's what's showing:

For $33.61 you really can't beat a deal such as this anywhere!

I purchased mine three days ago on July 4th. This is a legitimate offer and a very good deal for anyone looking for one of the premier AV-Internet Security Programs available. Consistently finishes in the top 3 at AV-Comparatives dot Org.

DEAL EXPIRES ON JULY 11, 2011

From your friendly deal finder... the Nibsmeister! :D

Here's a direct link which is a little faster: http://campaigns.f-secure.com/us_af...-Discount/dealtaker.html?ecid=1068&afcid=1068

Last edited:

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
God help my pensioners budget, Nibs. LOL. I think I'll have to stick with MSE!

Reaction score
Eww, F-Secure is bad. But srsly, why pay for AV??? You can just get Avast free, or better yet Comodo IS. Best AVs out there for free, and sometimes even better at protecting you than payed Norton.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
linux, F-secure has a smaller percentage of the AV market but it consistently ranks as good solid protection. It is actually the software that is offered free from our ISP in this area as part of our DSL service.

Reaction score
DSL? People still use DSL? It's like dial-up. What's your ISP?

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
DSL? People still use DSL? It's like dial-up. What's your ISP?
That is sarcasm or in jest ? -- Right??

But. Back to the thread. Full, paid up Antivirus packages offer the full range of security - Firewalls etc. They do, in almost every case, use the same definitions in the real anti virus protection, however. The free products, again in most cases, only offer the basic antivirus with definition updates.
I am a MSE user. I recently grabbed the Comodo offer of the full suite - free. It got in the way of my daily work so much I went back to the more basic MSE.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes Dave, he was being cheeky.

When you live where I do you have basically 3 choices: DSL for $30-$45/mo. Cable internet, which they will not even sell you without cableTV so minimum is about $75-$100/mo or, satellite which is about $160/mo (plus $300 installation). So yes I have DSL from the local pone company; would love to live somewhere that I could get Verizon FIOS but that won't be here in the boonies any time soon.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
"would love to live somewhere that I could get Verizon FIOS but that won't be here in the boonies any time soon. "
LOL. Yes. Different part of the world, but I also live in the "boonies". Nearest shop 8kms etc etc. Last chat with my ISP (who have a monopoly over other providers!) No immediate plans for cable/fibre (in my area). Where I live I get 2 Mbts download, and that is all in my lifetime, unless I move..

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
F-Secure is supposed to be a decent AV as of the reviews from 2011 of May. I did quite a bit of research, and my newfound knowledge says that Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Norton are at the top. ESET isn't too bad, but all that program does it give out false positives, so they don't use an accurate method of testing for intrusions. But I guess that's not a bad thing, since it's okay to protect against them if there's a chance one out of the few isn't a false...

Right now I have Bitdefender, but I miss the old Norton 360 2011 I previously had installed. It seemed to use up the least memory/RAM, and I really enjoyed it's functionality for firewalls and auto-protection. Great customization for all the users needs on Norton.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Eww, F-Secure is bad. But srsly, why pay for AV??? You can just get Avast free, or better yet Comodo IS. Best AVs out there for free, and sometimes even better at protecting you than payed Norton.
No offense intended here sir, but apparently you really haven't done your homework regarding AV / Internet Security programs.

You really need to check out: www.av-comparatives.org

An independent organization that strictly reviews AV & IS applications. If you're reading those "Top Ten Reviews" websites, I would be very wary since I wonder who funds them.

See this test from May of this year:

Also, your statement regarding DSL is somewhat misleading as modern DSL is very fast, not as fast as Cable or Fiber Optic connections though. In Austin TX you can get a 6 Mbps connection for $24.95/month and no phone service is required. In addition with DSL the connection is ALWAYS the same speed, it does not fluctuate as Cable does during high traffic times.

Reaction score
Yes I've been to AVcomparatives many times before. And actually, Avast free was one of the top as I recall on their website. @ the other people, I can't get FiOS either. If I moved to a different house 3 miles away from mine, then I could. How stupid is that?

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Avast is decent, but it's lower on the "top" list right now.

Ask a Question