Error Msg: Display Driver Stopped Responding

Reaction score
Here is the intermittent problem I'm experiencing. It's happened three times in a month. I'm running 64 bit Windows 7 Pro.

While working in Firefox (only) for about an hour, the display went black for a moment, then came back up and a message briefly appeared from the lower right side of the taskbar / notification area saying: "Display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

NVIDIA NVS 3100M

Driver Version: 8.16.11.8825
Release Date: 1/12/2010 (this is the latest driver)
All other updates are current including the BIOS.

Ideas?

Thanks!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Being that this issue is isolated to Firefox is a good thing, I hope that this makes your issue easier to resolve. Have you tried another version than the one you're running? And what about browser add ons, have you tried disabling or removing them, and see what happens? The latest "stable" version is 3.6.3, although I'm running 3.6.4 Beta version (I love FF's beta's). You could try that one, and see if it helps. There are some issues it's supposed to address. It's worth a shot.

Ask a Question