documents folder missing in programdata folder

Reaction score
documents folder missing in programdata folder and cannot create a new one as a message comes up saying a folder already exist but cannot see it. I have given permissiont o see all hidden folder but documents folder will not show in programdata and cannot create. Thank for help.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
In Windows Explorer there is a setting to show hidden files/folders which I am assuming is what you say is set but there is also a check box for "hide protected operating system files", perhaps try removing the check-mark there. Then completely close windows explorer and reopen it, as often times it does not refresh properly even when you hit the refresh option.

Please let us know if you can see it after that.

Reaction score
Documents folder in programdata folder is locked

Documents folder in programdata folder is locked

I finally got find the folder documents-thanks to forum member, now documents folder is locked. please, how do I unlocked the folder.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
May I ask what program this is for? And how computer literate do you consider yourself to be?

The reason I ask is because programs might slip things into programdata when they are running but, the truth is YOU and I (the end-users) shouldn't really need to be in there, which is why it is protected. There are ways to Take Ownership of the folder but then you could mess up your computer with disastrous results.

If you open windows explorer and up in the folder list box (left side next to the search box) type in %PROGRAMDATA% and press enter. See if that gets you access to do what you need to do.

If not then you will probably need to install "Take Ownership" from our Freeware DB and then run the script against the folders so you become their "owner" with full access.

Please be careful.

Ask a Question