SOLVED Devices and Printers

Reaction score
I've been having this problem for a while now and it's only a issue now because I have printer issues. I'm running Win 7 Pro 64bit. Every time I bring up the Device and Printers windows either through the Windows Icon on taskbar or Control Panel, it scans forever until I close the widow never to list anything. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Sounds like it is looking for a printer or device that is no longer accessible. One of the common reasons in windiws is a bluetooth device.
Type services.msc in the start box.
Scroll down , looking for "Bluetooth support". It is,by default, on manual. whichever you are (Automatic or Manual) change it to the other option. (Double click for options). OK out of the windows. You may need to reboot to see if it has worked.
Otherwise, from your post, what problem are you having with your printers? could be a clue.

Reaction score
davehc, it was the Bluetooth. I disabled it due to having no use for it on my MB. Once changed to auto, everything showed up in device and printer window.

Ask a Question