Desktop positions and folder views not saving !!

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I have a strange problem :
my windows had a virus and after my antivirus fix and delete viruses this problem occurred that :
Desktop positions and folder views and sorting files in any folders not saving , for example in my desktop I arrange manually my desktop's Icon but after refresh they arrange again by its own or in my computer I set the drivers view to large icon but after closing and re opening my computer it changed to tile view and so for sorting files in a folder it changed to its own after closing and opening that folder again and all of this change that made by own don't save , what is the problem ?!!

Please help me to fix all of this problem .

thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Had another victim few days ago with the same thing.

The best option is to restore from a backup you made prior to the problem. If that is not an option then next best idea is to create a new userid, move your data, delete the old ID and rename the new ID to the old name (this isn't perfect because even though you rename it, it is still stored in the system by the new name but with an alias).

See this THREAD.

Ask a Question