Desk top Help

Reaction score
I have seen many cool stuffs on peoples desktops I am wanting to have them also but dont knwo if they are gadgets or not I will make a list and also ask if cetian things exsist if I can get a how to on it it would be lovley thanks

Hard Drives: either a short cut ( I knwo hwo to do) but that displays the amount used like when you click my computer ?

the old Xp side tool bars? on xp I can take a folder form my desk top and drag it to a side and it will creat a tool bar how do I acomplish this in W7 ?

a light system resourse monitor ? cpu, Ram, Bandwith, Gpu some thing that will show me real time data ?

what si the short cut key to hide all items on my desktop ?

Reaction score
Hard Drives: either a short cut ( I knwo hwo to do) but that displays the amount used like when you click my computer ?
This is a gadget
the old Xp side tool bars? on xp I can take a folder form my desk top and drag it to a side and it will creat a tool bar how do I acomplish this in W7 ?
Im not sure what you are asking here
a light system resourse monitor ? cpu, Ram, Bandwith, Gpu some thing that will show me real time data ?
This is a gadget
what si the short cut key to hide all items on my desktop ?
The box in the bottom right corner - Click the box beside the clock to toggle(show desktop)

Reaction score
Thanks clifferd, with the side bar I am meaning lets say i make a new folder> rename it> left click it > drag it to the side of my screen, in XP and vista it will make it in to a short cut bar. I have tried it on W7 and to no avial it just places the folder at the edge of the screen.

Reaction score
make a new folder> rename it> left click it > drag it to the side of my screen, in XP and vista it will make it in to a short cut bar
If I am following what you are talking about - this is the same as a toolbar that is moved from the taskbar to desktop - I am unable to create a toolbar on desktop aswell - Maybe you can use a gadget that stores shortcuts in a box in the same fashion as the toolbar

Take a look at this Quick Launch Gadget

Reaction score
I dont really like the gadgetieers things becase they are small and set at a certian size if the gadget is sizable then mabey but I gess i will live with launchy its mroe fun

ty for the information

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
If I am following what you are talking about - this is the same as a toolbar that is moved from the taskbar to desktop - I am unable to create a toolbar on desktop aswell - Maybe you can use a gadget that stores shortcuts in a box in the same fashion as the toolbar

Take a look at this Quick Launch Gadget
If anyone wants to restore the old Quick Launch toolbar, here is how to do it. I use it myself: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/...isable-quick-launch-bar-toolbar-in-windows-7/

Ask a Question