Help making a desktop start up icon for Facebook

Reaction score
Is there somebody that can tell me how to make a desktop icon for start up of facebook.
My system is Windows 7 and wife uses facebook all the time and would like to have a working facebook start up Icon for Facebook.'

Thank you.
'

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Do you need a Facebook Icon or just a shortcut to open your default browser to Facebook?

To create a shortcut on the desktop to Facebook is easy. Simply right-click on the Desktop and select New > Shortcut. For the location simply put in https://www.facebook.com/ (If you want it to go to her specific Facebook page then paste in that URL instead) and hit next. Then give the shortcut a name like Facebook. Click Finish.

But I don't know how to assign it a facebook icon, it will simply have an icon that looks like your default browser.

Last edited:
Reaction score
For me the easiest way to create a Desktop shortcut is to drag the Internet address from the browsers address bar and drop to Desktop.
But I don't know how to assign it a facebook icon, it will simply have an icon that looks like your default browser.
Download a facebook icon or create it yourself. After the shortcut to Facebook has been created, right click the shortcut and go to properties. From properties, you will have the option to change icons.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Thanks Clifford, I didn't notice that before. I was in the general Tab where I thought it should be. The change icon button is under the Web document tab.

Ask a Question