Dell studio 1737/DVD RW stuck in PIO mode...

Reaction score
hi guys!!!
i have a dell studio laptop 1737...
its specs are
2.18 dual core intel.4gb ram,320gb hdd with sucker dvd rw drive...

i have a problem,since the 1st day i bought it,it burns everything,but when i try to make bootable disk,it says the drive is in PIO mode n not in DMA or DAO mode and needs some settings to be done to bring it in DAO mode.
i went for its solution...
1.i contacted dell help line service,they gave a patch,i applied but still the drive says it is in PIO mode.
2.when i go in device manager,n see the drive in ATA section,it says its DMA is enabled.

somewhere on web search i read,that it might be some problem with cables connecting to dvd drive...making it conflic,not set as proper Master or Slave...

but my Qs is,it has come as from factory laptop,no changes...then how it is possible this problem come....

anyone who knows after this whole story....what is possible solution....

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi awaisagha
i have a problem,since the 1st day i bought it,
If this Laptop is under guarantee I would take it back and tell the supplier you want a replacement.

Also (and i have done this on occasion) pick out something in the Shop / Store not expensive and ask if you can have it for your trouble, 9 times out of 10 you will get a free something :top:

Reaction score
Go to the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers section of the device manager, right click each entry and remove it. If the computer asks you to restart, tell it no until you've right clicked and hit "uninstall" on each device. Some devices will not disappear from the list--this is fine.

Once you've uninstalled every drive controller, restart the PC. All the controller drivers will be automatically reinstalled, and PIO mode should be switched back to DMA.

Reaction score
i did these as u ppl said...but still it is stuck in PIO mode...i really dont understand why is it so....it is laptop,i bought new,how is possible that this problem happen...

Ask a Question