Debugging mode

Reaction score
My x64 WIN7 system (on a magnetic drive) that did all I wanted of it - which is just playing movies into a TV. I made a clone of it onto an SSD, and that clone could boot through USB, but only ONCE. I regretably I damaged the original, by unwisely removing the Reserved Partition. While I would really like that fixed, I suspect the clone is a more promising proposition. I can boot it in Safe Mode from SATA and can even play movies like that, but would like to be able to boot it normally. Along with SAFE MODE there are options like Debuging etc. which should let me boot it normally one step at a time, so I might be able to identify the 'blockage' and possibly even remedy it. Would any of you people be able to guide me through that step-by-step process ?

Reaction score
It looks like I can not edit my post, so I will make another one retracting the part about Debugging - there is NO SUCH option offered. There is 'boot logging' and when I examined the log, the first driver NOT loaded was for nettun.inf; first disabling, then uninstalling the relevant network drivers caused no change in a later c:\windows\ntbtlog.txt after rebooting. How can I use the success of booting into SAFE MODE to restore normal booting ?

Ask a Question