BSOD and constant freezes on clean and full install windows 7 32 bit ultimate

Reaction score
Hi all, I have upgraded my desktop from win xp to win 7 32 bit ultimate

I have had nothing but problems since

to resolve the problem i attempted to reinstall the os and doing this 3 times gives the same result

win xp runs fine except it doesnt let me hibernate. win 7 does let me hibernate

win xp does not have the hibernate tab in power options and no one knows how to fix that even though my motherboard supports hibernating, its option doesnt show up in the bios with xp loaded

i'd like to be able to run win 7 problem free
the update wizzard says my computer can run it

problems include freezing after as little as 3 or as many as 10 minutes of computer use
bsod several times
keyboard doesnt type correctly it adds keys i don't hit or locks on a key

i have not installed any programs yet and i still get this problem

all drivers are current according to device manager

one question is my processor shows up in two places under processors i do not have a dual core i dont know what that is about

i have a ecs r400-a mboard
1 gb of ram
intel p4 3.0ghz
raidmax 350w power supply

Reaction score
Hi.

Your P4 cpu has hyperthreading, which is why it shows as 2 cpus. This is a good thing and correct.

You can post the crash dumps by going to C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy the files in there to any other folder then zip them. Attach the zip to a post using the paperclip above where you type.

I will have a look.

Edit - Alright, I see the attachment. Checking on it now for ya.

Reaction score
First, I should mention that you should only ever install drivers from the manufacturers' websites. Never from Windows Update or by checking through the device manager.

The first major problem that you need to fix is the ancient video card driver you have installed:

Code:
atikmdag atikmdag.sys Mon Jun 02 23:48:31 2008
You have 32 bit Windows so install the 32 bit version of the driver from here:

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

If you have an AGP video card, install the AGP hotfix driver shown.
If you have a PCI-e type card, install the normal recommended one shown.

-------------

The next issue is your AC'97 audio driver from Realtek. Install the driver using the device manager, after you extract it to a folder:

Code:
RTKVAC   RTKVAC.SYS   Thu Jun 18 15:36:37 2009
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=23&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

--------

Your Realtek network driver is way too old and needs to be updated:
Code:
Rtnicxp  Rtnicxp.sys  Mon Mar 31 01:41:05 2008
Open a command prompt and type systeminfo. Press enter. It will tell you the number of Realtek lan you have. Then search for the number on the left side of this link for the latest software. Download and install the auto-installation for it:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=23&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

(Same link as above, but only use the search now on left side.)

------------

That's it for the issues. Do these things and you'll be really enjoying Windows 7. Have fun. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
i have on board ati video card whaat should i do?

thanks
Type msinfo32 in the start menu then press enter. File | save on the screen that opens. Zip the saved file and attach. I'll check it out.

Ask a Question