Constant BSOD's

Reaction score
Windows 7 :
- 32 bit Home edition
- got the original CD-key when i purchased computer

Age of hardware : 8 months
Age of OS : 1 month

I have been getting BSOD's every day since i purchased my new computer. I reinstalled my computer a total of 3 times, 2 times 32 bit Home edition and 1 time 64 bit Ultimate edition. At the beggining errors were appearing while i was playing WoW but recently i have been getting them while watching movies in VLC player etc. At first i thought it was because my games had no install path, but then i properly installed them and still same BSOD

Attachments

zigzag3143

Wanikiya
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Windows 7 :
- 32 bit Home edition
- got the original CD-key when i purchased computer

Age of hardware : 8 months
Age of OS : 1 month

I have been getting BSOD's every day since i purchased my new computer. I reinstalled my computer a total of 3 times, 2 times 32 bit Home edition and 1 time 64 bit Ultimate edition. At the beggining errors were appearing while i was playing WoW but recently i have been getting them while watching movies in VLC player etc. At first i thought it was because my games had no install path, but then i properly installed them and still same BSOD

Hi and welcome

Memory corruption probably caused by a driver. please run these two tests

1-Memtest.

*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program.

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

2-Driver verifier

I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/101379-driver-verifier-enable-disable.html

Old drivers

Code:
AsIO.sys    12/17/2007 5:10:20 AM        0x90652000    0x90653440    0x00001440    0x47663cfc                        
AsUpIO.sys    7/5/2009 10:21:27 PM        0x90650000    0x90651080    0x00001080    0x4a515fa7                        
Ctafiltv.sys    8/14/2008 2:48:20 AM        0x90617000    0x90622000    0x0000b000    0x48a3d534                        
Rt86win7.sys    5/22/2009 10:52:05 AM        0x91804000    0x91830000    0x0002c000    0x4a16bc15                        
RtNdPt60.sys    12/10/2007 10:50:18 PM        0x8246d000    0x82479000    0x0000c000    0x475dfaea
How To Find Drivers:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: http://www.carrona.org/drvrdown.html

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Please fill in your computer profile or post your make/model/ram/gpu specs in a post please.

If it had BSOD problems since day one why didn't you return it? If it is Dell or Gateway etc then you are likely still under warranty at 8 mos - call them, maybe its a defect they should replace.

Ask a Question