SOLVED Computer will not wake from sleep - Completely unresponsive

Reaction score
So, yesterday evening I put my computer into sleep mode, and when I came back I could not wake it at all.

I tried moving the mouse, pressing keys, clicking, plugging in other mice and keyboards, pressing the power button and the reset button, nothing worked. I even tried switching off the power supply for upwards of one minute, it did not help.

My desktop computer is completely unresponsive. It will not react to anything. I cannot boot it to get to anything more than what I can find in the documentation on paper or remember from memory. Nothing turns on, no fans, no sound from the hard drive, the only thing that shows any sign of life is that the CLR CMOS button lights up blue.

Motherboard: Gigabyte, model number GA-X58A-UD3R
Processor: Intel i7 930
Video Card: Nvidia GTX 465
HDD: Seagate WD Caviar Black 1TB

What has gone so wrong that nothing I have tried has gotten a single response from my computer?

If this is the wrong section I apolgize.

Reaction score
Oh, dang, forgot something very important

OS is Windows 7 Home Edition, updated to the latest version.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I went ahead and moved the thread to hardware because that is likely your issue here.

If your computer will not turn on at all (no lights, no fan, nothing) then a good possibility is a power supply failure. A less likely possibility is a MOBO failure. If it was a lightning strike/large power surge over night, then maybe both.

I would replace the power supply and if that solves the problem then t would suggest you invest in a UPS.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Alright, problem found.

The wiring to my power button was all kinds of screwed.

File under "I'm retarded and didn't check everything well enough before coming here."

Ask a Question