Code 12 on intel 4600 hd intergrated in a haswell core i7.

Reaction score
Relevant specs:
Core i7 4770k haswell processor @3.5 ghz
asrock z87 extreme4 motherboard

I installed the drivers from the motherboard disc, and the Intel website, but I am consistantly getting a code 12, and the aero themes are disabled when I restart unless I disable the drivers in Device Manager. I'm mainly wondering what on earth could be conflicting with the haswell graphics, as I removed my existing graphics card due to constant video freezing and general old age.

Do I need to get a new GPU, or can I fix this? I intend to get a new GPU eventually anyways, I just have no money for that ATM.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Go to the website of the manufacturer of the GPU you removed and see if they have a removal tool - it is important you get their drivers completely removed. Then reboot. Visit the website for your motherboard and make sure those drivers are all up-to-date. Run Windows Update and make sure that is up-to-date.

As for the aero features, if W7 doesn't think your graphics can handle it then they will be disabled.

Reaction score
Much appreciated, i'll do that and edit this post if it hasn't worked and provide more info.

Also, I overclocked my haswell to 4.0 Ghz after I posted the above. Don't know if that matters, but there you go. Still haven't run removal.

Reaction score
Board is new and drivers are good, ran the removal tool, and still getting code 12. Downloading some windows 7 updates now.

Ask a Question