Cleartype and Text capture software

Reaction score
Hello

I got a strange problemwhen using a text capture software in certain application when cleartype is enable.

I'm using Textsnap from Hypertronic to grab text inside graphic. Everything work fine, exept when i enable the cleartype option.

Textsnap, text capture software, does not use any OCR to grab the text. It read directly inside the file the text that is displayed on the screen. So it wont work if text is a drawing or anything like that. Only plain text

Anyone could explain to me what is modify in the system when cleartype is enable?

Martin

Reaction score
TextSnap is a division of Hypertronic which is a division of TechSmith, not a program name.

Are you using TextCatch or HyperSnap?
Did you install it using Compatibility Mode?
What do you have the Input set as in TextCatch?

Reaction score
TextSnap is a division of Hypertronic which is a division of TechSmith, not a program name.

Are you using TextCatch or HyperSnap?
Did you install it using Compatibility Mode?
What do you have the Input set as in TextCatch?
Hello Ripose, thanks for the reply

- I'm using Textsnap an embeded application of Hypersnap. Textsnap is used to catch text on the screen and Hypersnap to capture screen portion as a jpg file.

- I did try it in compatibility mode

- Don't understand your question: What do you have the Input set as in TextCatch

Yesterday, i posted the same interogation on Hypersnap / Hypertronic forum and Greg, the software developper as been able to replicate the problem. No solution yet. Win 7 seem to modify some display file or register when cleartype is enable.

Hypertronic does not seem to be a division of Techsmith. Two differents approach.

Martin

Reaction score
There is not much we can do or say if the developer is scratching his head on the issue.

Reaction score
Clifford is right, if the developer doesn't know... we will find it difficult as well.

But TextCatch has an INPUT setting for what type of Text you are trying to capture.

Ask a Question