To convert text to table in the word document, first click on the Show/Hide
paragraph mark on the home tab, now you can see the text is separated in your document. And follow the steps given:
- Then, insert separator characters like commas or tabs, for indicating where to divide the text into table columns.
If you are having commas in your text then make use of the tabs for your separator characters.
- Now, make use of the paragraph marks for indicating where you want to begin a new table row.
- And select the text that you want to convert > click Insert > Table > Convert Text to Table.
- Next, in the Convert Text to Table box > select the options you desire.
- Under the Table size, be sure the numbers match the numbers of columns and rows you want.
- And under AutoFit behaviour > select how you want your table to look. And Word document will automatically select for the table columns.
- But if you need a different column width, then specify the width for entire columns and in the Fixed Column Width box, type or select a value.
- Next, under Separate text at > select the separator character you used in the text.
- And click OK.
And your text is converted to table now.
Hope this will help you but if you find any issue, then please let me know.