Circular Kernel Context Logger Error

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I have an Acer Aspire series laptop have been running windows 7 since 5 days now. suddenly this thing has started making a noise the one that you get for microphone when something goes wrong. iam unable to trace why this is happening.went in yslog to find this error
Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188
any ideas and or suggestions?
could this be software or a hardware issue?
will acer entaertain me when i say i have got windows 7
all input would be apprecaited

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think Acer will give you any support, as Windows 7 isn't out yet and they won't support older hardware on it. I'm not sure what you mean by microphone noise?

Could you post a screenshot of the full "Circular Kernel Context Logger" event please so I can see the event ID and other bits of info?

Reaction score
I don't think Acer will give you any support, as Windows 7 isn't out yet and they won't support older hardware on it. I'm not sure what you mean by microphone noise?

Could you post a screenshot of the full "Circular Kernel Context Logger" event please so I can see the event ID and other bits of info?
This is the error. But looks like i misundertood the noise wit this. it was related to the microphone noise. somehow i went into the audio management and managed to mute it and it stopped and now system is working fine so i dont know what went wrong and basically how to fix this permanently.

Attachments

Ask a Question