BSOD Kernel Inpage Error

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been reformatting and installing windows into my Compaq Pressario CQ40 laptop for about ten times since yesterday. After booting up second time after the windows installation, the system will always crash and the Kernel Inpage Error BSOD will show. I've tried fixing my registry manually through iastorv and msahci due to the fact that my SATA is in AHCI mode. I also tried installing RegProCure and running it everytime I transfer data or install applications.

It somewhat looks like this:

KERNEL_INPAGE_ERROR

0x0000007A (0x0000034C (?),.....)

I forgot the rest and it also shows the notice: "Beginning System Dump".

SO what may be the error of my laptop? Is my hard drive broken?

Thank you very much as I am new in this forum. :D

Shintaro

Reaction score
Have you installed the latest BIOS / Chipset drivers?

Shintaro

Reaction score
With every motherboard there are drivers. Windows will *probably* work but without the motherboard drivers the results might be problematic.

Windows does a good job of understanding hardware, but it cannot possibly know abou every piece of hardware.

With every fault on computers there are starting points. Also you didn't provide any mini dumps.

So have you at least updated the Drivers from HP?

Reaction score
With every motherboard there are drivers. Windows will *probably* work but without the motherboard drivers the results might be problematic.

Windows does a good job of understanding hardware, but it cannot possibly know abou every piece of hardware.

With every fault on computers there are starting points. Also you didn't provide any mini dumps.

So have you at least updated the Drivers from HP?
Now. I have done updating my BIOS Driver only. Then, it started good and continued until my third boot when I'm opening an application. The application suddenly freeze. Then I tried to open the taskmanager. Every went so stupidly slow. Now a pop-up message saying :

unable to start correctly
the error number is 0xC0000185.

Another message popped-up after a few minutes.

Failure to display security and shutdown options.

Now I got so impatient that I tried clicking the red power button after pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Windows was frozen.

I shut down the computer by its power button.

Now I tried booting with safe mode. It freezes at classPNP.sys.

Afterwards, it crashed with a very quick BSOD.

Next time I open it, I hit my F8 button to disable automatic restart so I can see the error number and report it here with full info.

Here's the BSOD Display Error:

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
0x0000000ED (0x854F24C8, 0xC0000185, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Now....what does this means?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Again, you need to download the drivers from HP for your laptop. Your only half doing the job. I don't understand why you don't want to do that?

That error, to me, is clearly an issue between Windows and the HP hardware.

Reaction score
Again, you need to download the drivers from HP for your laptop. Your only half doing the job. I don't understand why you don't want to do that?

That error, to me, is clearly an issue between Windows and the HP hardware.
Oh. I'm sorry. I thought you just refer to the BIOS driver.

However, I was still able to open my computer by a certain circumstance.

I've loaded the Windows 7 Disc and go on to startup repair. It tried to fix my hard drive. The result is:

SYSTEM VOLUME ON DISK IS CORRUPTED.

So, being conscious as I am scared for having a corrupted hard drive I still tried to boot it. It booted however it didn't go fine. It was super slow, as if it was waiting for any startup item though I already disabled non-Microsoft services in the msconfig applicstion. I tried command prompt via the 'Repair your computer' using the F8. When I tried chkdsk /p it says invalid parameter. When I tried /f on both C: and D drives: it says no problem. But there is something before chkdsk that says "Cannot lock current drive"

Now I visited my BIOS setup and I was surprised in the Diagnostic Failure Log that it is empty (the last few days it was full of stupid 0601 numbers followed by other numbers).

On the other hand it boots good on safe mode. Need to say more?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Yes, but please download the drivers from HP and install them. I really do think that is your problem.

Reaction score
Yes, but please download the drivers from HP and install them. I really do think that is your problem.
Mr./ Ms. SHINTARO...as of now I haven't receive any errors as I installed my drivers.

I forgot that every time I reformat I should install all the drivers of the hardware. Thank you very much. I'll just update you if I receive another error again. Thank you very much! :D

Shintaro

Reaction score
I am happy to have helped. All good so long as your computer is working.

Reaction score
Hey Shintaro! :D

I installed most of the drivers specifically: audio, video, raid ahci controller, bios, wireless lan. It run okay but again I got KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR. I didn't saw most of the details and I reformatted my laptop again. Any advice? What could be the problem if all the drivers are installed but I got the same error? Thank you.

Shintaro

Reaction score
If you have re-installed windows and installed all the drivers. You will need to upload the .dmp files.
Can you zip up the "c:\windows\minidump" folder and upload it please.

Reaction score
I have greater problem. The time I am going to choose in which drive/partition will I install my Windows, the whole hard drive disappears. I can't help but giving up. What should I do first?

Reaction score
Done. Now after few minutes, it once again crashed. I cannot boot. I ran MEMTEST+86, it passed. Lastly, once I install windows again without formatting the hard drive, hard drive again is missing. Now what do we do? :eek:

Reaction score
It's Fujitsu. Four months ago, I had my chipset replaced. Now, it's out of warranty for th warranty was only for three months. Ouch.

I'll give you the result ASAP.

Ask a Question