Chrome Taskbar Right-Click Integration Broken?

Mic

Reaction score
I tired searching on Google for this problem but could only find this: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=3843b954fc5c5f30&hl=en

"3) Start Menu and right click menu. Again, IE 8 is the only browser that have a menu in the Start Menu and when you right click in the icon in the taskbar. That menu show the historial, a "new tab" and a "InPrivate Tab". Google Chrome should do something similar, showing the "Most visited", "New tab", "Incognito window" and some other stuff."

I know #3 is already working in Chrome but today I noticed that my incognito has disappeared from my right click options in my taskbar. The only options I have now are Google Chrome, Unpin this program from taskbar, and Close window. I have no idea when it stopped working, but I swear I already had this ability, please tell me I'm not going crazy?

Just found the problem but no solution: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=6cb1f28c58da0626&hl=en

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Wish I could help you out, but I don't use Google Chrome browser.

Most everyone here uses FF mostly. Some still use IE8 though.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Mic, you could take FF for a spin, it's far more customizable than Chrome is, and more secure, too. It's worth trying.

Mic

Reaction score
I went from IE4/5/6/7/8 to FF to Chrome. Not going back, lol.

A minor problem I guess I will have to deal with for a much better browser overall, at least in my eyes.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Could the problem have happened when Chrome updated to v5? It's only been around for a week or so, and could have co-incided with this problem? :)

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
If you go to start>all programs>google/chrome folder, is the incognito option listed? If so you should be able to right click and pin to taskbar. I know it doesn't answer why, but it is a work around of sorts.

Because of your post I checked my FF settings and had the same problem. No option for FF safe mode until I went into the Mozilla folder.

Mic

Reaction score
No, it's not even anywhere on my computer, just searched for anything "incognito" and nothing came up.

I just use Ctrl+Shift+N till this little problem goes away, hopefully.

And Ian, I believe it might have occurred around the same time, but I just didn't notice it until recently so I don't really have any proof, other users in that second link I provided have had this random issue come up in version 4 as well though.

Reaction score
I also use Chrome as my primary, and only use FF or IE when I *absolutely have to*. I find it stronger, smoother, and better able to tell me what's going on.

With regards to your issue, I take it you also don't see the Most Visited or Recently Closed sections, as well? Do other pinned programs have advanced options?

Did you try unpinning from the taskbar and repinning? If that doesn't work, I would also suggest uninstalling and reinstalling. I don't know if you need to go with an older version, but that would be the next method, I'd think.

1) Unpin, repin.
2) Uninstall, reinstall.
3) Uninstall, reinstall older version.

Good luck!

Ask a Question