Change Your Start Orb

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Works for me, too, now. Thanks Veed.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
With a little looking you will find more Start Orb Bitmap Images on the Net, just move them to the Start Orb folder.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Very cool little program, thanks for posting. Would it be too rude to ask where you got thoes extra orbs? I tried a few from deviant art but they wouldnt work with the program.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Thanks for the links Veedaz. I figured out why some of the images were not working for me. The .bmp images need to be 32bit images (this is a 24 bit image with an alpha channel for transparency). I found a program to help me to 'convert' the images so they will work in the program properly and even made a custom orb of my own for the hubbie. :D

Reaction score
a 12 year old made this?! damn.
also the blue power orb and the fire one are laaavly

and just my luck, i cannot find them anywhere

Last edited:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Thanks for the links Veedaz. I figured out why some of the images were not working for me. The .bmp images need to be 32bit images (this is a 24 bit image with an alpha channel for transparency). I found a program to help me to 'convert' the images so they will work in the program properly and even made a custom orb of my own for the hubbie. :D
Is the program freeware to convert ?

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I know there are probably a million choices out there but I ended up using a trial software called GConvert. It actually makes icons but can be used to convert .bmp to .ico and visa-versa.

I probably went the long way around to make my Orb but here are the basics.

1) Create three 54x54 .bmp images for your orb. (I used 3 same images and just made some color changes)

2) Create a single 54x162 .bmp image from the three. Placing the pictures from top to bottom, the top being the static image, the middle being the roll-over image and the bottom being the click image.

3) Fire up the GConver program and use the Convert .bmp to .ico selection. Find your 54x162 .bmp image and selecting it. There is a drop down you need to select to make the image 32bit. There is also an option to make the image background transparent, don't be afraid to play with this option.

4) Save the .ico file making sure the size stays at 54x162

5) Using the same program, open up your new .ico file and there is an option to convert to .bmp and in the options you need to select an option to keep the bit depth as 32bit

6) Once saved, this .bmp can now be used with the Orb Creator program

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I will have a look at GConvert and thanks for the Tutorial :top:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Well I have being having some good fun with GConvert and still have a few days of the trial left .... I may even purchase it :)

Ask a Question