Change gadgets size

Reaction score
The only way I know how to change the size of the gadget is through the individual gadget settings. In other words id depends on how the gadget was coded. Some gadgets have size options and some does not. Im not sure if there is a way to size them all at one time through desktop settings.

Reaction score
ok cool. This date is huge!! I think I'll just ditch it..

Thanks

Reaction score
Reducing size of gadgets

I'm having trouble reducing the size of gadgets too. There doesn't seem to be a 'reduce gadgets' option in Windows 7 - at least, not in the RC.

In my case they are too large because I've increased the system DPI (I've got a hi-res WUXGA screen on a 15.4" laptop and increase DPI by 154%) . This gives a deliciously sharp screen at normal font sizes.

Reaction score
The only way to change gadget size, unless it has been programmed in already, is to hack the gadget files and change the size of all the images files to match.

I tried with the "Clear Clock" gadget, but phailed. :(

Reaction score
You can change the size but it is a bit tricky. every gadget has a file called "gadget.xml" you can open it with notepad. in here there's a line with "autoscaleDPI" in the same line there's the word "true" change it to "false" so it doesn't upscale with your DPI settings.
The tricky part is you can't just save the file because it is in use. So first you have to copy the complete gadget folder say "Clock.gadget" to your desktop. Then you have to edit the file, save it and then pack it with zip and rename the zip file to "Clock.gadget" without the zip extension to it. if it doesn't work for you you have to change in "Folder Options" (do a search to find Folder Options) under the tab "view" "Hide extensions for known file types" after that try again.

Ask a Question