cant connect projector

Reaction score
I have a dell latitude d600 and windows 7 but it wont give me the option of connecting an additional monitor. I go into personalize and select display but connect a projector option does not pop up

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Look in Start Menu, probably Accessories... I have a Connect network projector and another option to connect a projector.

Reaction score
i think its my video drivers and I've download the latest one from dell and it never gets past unzipping the file it just says that it done unzipping so i went into the folder that it sent the unzipped files and ran the setup application but at the end it tells me to get a VGA video driver and i searched for it but all that comes up are expensive driver update programs

does anyone know where i can get just the driver and not the expensive programs

im always on skype so if you can. please contact me there

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your laptop only supports Windows XP and that's why you're having problems.

You have a video solution known as Mobility Radeon 9000. With this solution, there is no Vista or 7 drivers available at all and this also means that Aero can never be enabled.

Based on this limitation, it is very much recommended that XP be installed so it can make proper use of the video driver that Dell offers for it:

http://supportapj.dell.com/support/...dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=148994

I can actually make drivers for Windows 7 to be compatible, but not for your specific hardware. Unfortunately, the hardware itself is the limitation here.

------------

I will go way out of my way for you anyhow in an attempt to make something happen if you wish. This may get the projector working under Windows 7 (but definitely not Aero.)

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/radeon-prer300-xp.aspx

Open the device manager. Right click on the standard vga line under display adapters section. Choose properties. Details tab. Change the dropdown to hardware ids. Copy and paste the results to a new post.

In the meantime, download and run (to extract) the driver from AMD's site shown directly above. It should make a folder at C:\ATI. After the setup is done extracting, close it and do not let it continue with install.

Await further instructions in my new post after you've shown me the hardware id information.

Reaction score
Looking at your computer specs you have the Dell Latitude D600 with Mobile Radeon 9000 series graphics. Windows 7 does not support your graphics card. However you maybe able to get it to work by installing ATI Legacy Drivers that are designed for Windows Vista.

Drivers & Downloads for Latitude D600

You can also download ATI Legacy drivers.

If you need further assistance you can contact catilley1092. He is a forum member who has experience with these laptops and their drivers.

Reaction score
Pci\ven_1002&dev_4c66&subsys_011d1028&rev_02

pci\ven_1002&dev_4c66&subsys_011d1028

pci\ven_1002&dev_4c66&cc_030000

pci\ven_1002&dev_4c66&cc_0300

Reaction score
Extract my attachment to a folder. Then copy and paste C2_38185.inf to overwrite the original at C:\ATI\SUPPORT\6-11-pre-r300_xp-2k_dd_ccc_wdm_38185\Driver\2KXP_INF

Open device manager. Right click on the standard vga. Choose update driver software. Browse my computer. Let me pick. Have disk.

Navigate to the above folder and double click on C2_38185.inf. Hit ok then hit next and it will install.

Reboot for good measure. It may or may not work out, but good luck anyhow.

Attachments

Reaction score
tnx for all your time hard work but it didnt work so i decided 2 go back 2 xp i guess ill have 2 get a newer L top or dsk top and install windows 7 ultamate on that

but i no give up i try later

perseverance is key

Ask a Question