cant access root drive as I've lost admin rights

Ali

Reaction score
Hi;

I installed Windows7 recently. I was changing permissions and accidently denied authenticated users to C drive. I was logged in as admin which is the only account. Now I cant access anythig in C Drive and cant execute any thing. I tried through safe mode as well but of no use. How can I regain access or reset permissions.

Any help would be appreciated!

cheers

Ali

Reaction score
I tried every possible thing to reset permissions but could'nt. I had to reinstall W7!

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Ali... why were you needing to change file permissions, if I may ask?

Ali

Reaction score
I was trying to give permission to all users to avoid the UAC prompt all the time which is annoying. I did something similar in vista and that worked but this time I must have done something stupid without realizing the consequences:) waste of time but learnt a lesson:)

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
How to avoid UAC prompt: Control Panel > System and Security > Under "Action Center" there should be a link that says "Change User Account Control Settings". Click it and move the slider to the bottom, hit apply. ;) Grats, you just disabled Microsofts worst invention in Windows 7.

Reaction score
Microsoft's worst invention in Windows 7.
I don't like the UAC controls either and disable it on every install. However I do see a purpose in having these settings in a office environment for a system administrator.

Ali

Reaction score
thanks BetaMan but I know how to disable UAC by now:)
Is there any way I dont disable UAC but still run a particular .exe as an administrator without prompt so that only my trusted programs bypass the UAC dialog? as I have set a program's properties to always run it as an admin.

Reaction score
Ali,take a look on this site,from hier i doe many usefull things i want on many operations systems read carefull the suggestions to make ok? what you can get it on windows vista tweeks voor 7 you must read looking for.
Goed luck mate.
King64.http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows-7/

Ask a Question