Cannot create restore point i Win 7 RC

Reaction score
I have 2 fysical HD on my machine.
On one HD I run Vista Business on the other I run Win 7 RC

On the Win 7 RC I cannot create a restore point. I receive err. mess. as Capture_1

Any suggestion will be appreciated. But keep in min I am not a pro. Just a beginner
Thank´s

Attachments

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Go to run -> services.msc

With the Services window open browse down until you find "Volume Shadow Copy" and manually start the service. Then try to make another restore point and see if it works.

Reaction score
Go to run -> services.msc

With the Services window open browse down until you find "Volume Shadow Copy" and manually start the service. Then try to make another restore point and see if it works.
Kougar
Have been workin hard on this all day.
I did restore the entire HD to a version dated June 13-09 (Acronis backup)
I then had a bunch of uppdates to handle.
Updated one item at a time and after each one tried to make a restore point.
I could make restore points after all uppdates??

So non of the updates received had to do with my problem then??
The mystirium is still there. What had caused my problem
We will probably never learn.

But i am a happy Win 7 fan again :):)

Thank you for your suggestion to the problem anyway

Michael

Reaction score
There may be a conflict when dual booting Vista and Win7 just as there is dual booting XP and Vista. Restore points are wiped on every boot into the other OS:
http://blogs.technet.com/filecab/archive/2006/07/14/441829.aspx
James
Is this true also if one has 2 fysical HD where each OS has its own fysical HD??
I am abit of a novis in this!!
Michael

Edit: I think I got the message after reading the blog!!!!

Well we will have to wait for the win 7 RCM and then leave Vista at rest...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Leakimtrebe there is third party boot managers that will not be affected by this. The third party boot managers hide all other OS's from the one you are Booting too. The Restore Points will not be affected if the drives are hidden.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Leakimtrebe there is third party boot managers that will not be affected by this. The third party boot managers hide all other OS's from the one you are Booting too. The Restore Points will not be affected if the drives are hidden.
Thanks fot the information.
will look into this.
Michael

Reaction score
There may be a conflict when dual booting Vista and Win7 just as there is dual booting XP and Vista. Restore points are wiped on every boot into the other OS:
http://blogs.technet.com/filecab/archive/2006/07/14/441829.aspx
James i have received this replay from
The Storage team at Microsoft - File Cabinet Blog:
That configuration is fine. The restore point deletion issue only applies if you dual boot with XP.
i.e. XP + Vista or XP + W7

Regards
Michael

Reaction score
I cant get it to create a restore point due to volume shadow copy error. the error is I dont even have a volume shadow copy service. Ive looked all over the web for a download and found none except third party ones that dont fix the problem. I tried sfc /scannow and it didnt fix it.

Ask a Question