Can I remove Log off from the Start Menu?

Reaction score
Start Menu - then Shut Down -

Any way to remove : Switch User, Log Off AND Lock- Only need Shut Down & Restart.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Reaction score
gpedit.msc

doent come up on my computer in the "search" or "run" box

Is there another way to get to "Group Policies"

Reaction score
Thats OK, I'm fine with it the way it is. That does explain why I did have use of "Group Policies" in the Beta/RC and I don't now. :)

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Yes. It is customisation for the sake of it really. Doesn't achieve much of great value.

But now my curiosity is aroused. I have changed the two reg entries to remove it and it did not work. (The Gpedit works of course) Query off to MS - lol

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Ill save you the trouble. It is a spreadsheet. Its value is that you can scroll down and, if you are comfortable with regist editing, you can read the paths for each function. I have tried the path for the topic under discussion and it did not work as it did in Gpedit. Sorry for the disappointment. Warning! This spreadsheet is enormous.
I cannot attache it as it is well outside the limits of such for this forum.
But you can grab it here if you are still interested
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...80-8b0a-4906-a4f5-ff24cc2030fb&DisplayLang=en

It is the Vista (last) one you need. The functions are the same as for Windows 7.

Ask a Question