SOLVED I want to remove Toshiba logo at startup

Reaction score
Hello all,

got a shiny new laptop last month but already the startup Toshiba logo is irritating me. I need to remove it fast. Have followed the instructions in the thread above ' Remove OEM branding' but it didn't work!!

I'm on Win7 home premium 64 bit, IE9, Satelite C660. When I boot up the first screen is 'Starting Windows' and the Windows logo. Next is a full screen Toshiba logo with the password box. Since I've registered my password with Windows and deleted the Toshiba Password prog, it's this screen that I want rid of.

hope it's a simple matter as I'm quite useless with computers :eek: thx for your advice.:ciao:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
What you're describing is the "Welcome" screen or window.

There's a free handy program called: Windows 7 Logon Background Changer

Go to this website and download it: http://www.julien-manici.com/windows_7_logon_background_changer/

Great little program, easy to use and configure. A handy place to store the jpegs for the "Welcome" screen is in the the Wallpaper folder in C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper

Winbubble is another type of this software, it's free too.

Go here to get lots of different types of Welcome screens: http://www.google.com/search?q=Wind...lGo2A2QW5ieGsCA&ved=0CDIQsAQ&biw=1698&bih=914

You can also go to: www.deviantart.com and search.

You can also just use a favorite wallpaper or other image in the same resolution as your desktop, i.e. - 1680 x 1050, 1280 x 1024 and so forth.

I hope this helps in your quest.

Reaction score
Hi Nibiru,

I like that Windows 7 Logon Background Changer....and I can change that screen whenever I wish.

Thank you for sparing the time to explain it all.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I am glad I was able to be of help with your request.

I have used the Windows 7 Logon Background since Windows 7 first went RTM.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

~Nibs ;)

Reaction score
To be perfectly honest this sort of program would not interest me as you are only on the welcome screen for half a minute if even that just to type in your password so i think it is pointless to try and use this program to add a background image that your only seeing for a matter of seconds.:eek:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Arnold, everyone is different. You are entitled to your opinion but this user would likely disagree and so would I. I love having my dogs picture on my login screen.

In general, unless it is a discussion thread ("what is your opinion of", etc), we try to give the answers requested. If there are reasons why it may be dangerous or cause issues with the computer then by all means offer that but if it is just personal opinion then assume they disagree or they wouldn't have asked.

Ask a Question