SOLVED Can I partition on SSHD?

Reaction score
Hello,
Normally I would be split between the 'OS' and storage (like picture below).

So, I want to ask whether the SSHD can partition (like normal hard drive) or not and whether this process (partition the SSHD) will cause problems? Some people say, if we partition, the speed will drop (same speed as normal hard drive), it is true?

That's my question, Thank you.

Reaction score
Yes! There is no difference between SSD, HDD or SSHD in that aspect.

The only real difference between an HDD and an SSHD is the SSHD caches the most commonly used files on SSD for quicker accessing. It is still basically an HDD with a large cache. Now Western Digital has what they call a Dual Drive, which allows for separating the SSD for independent use or continue using it as a caching drive.

Reaction score
First of all, thank you for replying. Yes, I have checked about The Western Digital Black2 but the price are still quite expensive , is ahead of my budget, moreover is very difficult to get in my country (they do sold via online but still limited & hard to find, but I do not believe or don't like to buy online ...a lot of scams going on there....). I don't deny the Western Digital Black2 is very useful and the price are appropriate, but (for me, if converted into the my country currency ) it consider expensive. Like I say in my previous thread , there are some about SSD that I do not quite like, so decided to chose the SSHD.

Okay, this mean it okay (no problem) to partition the SSHD.
but what about it performance? does this (partition the SSHD) will cause problems or causing the SSHD to slow down (I mean the speed) ?

Reaction score
First of all, thank you for replying. Yes, I have checked about The Western Digital Black2 but the price are still quite expensive , is ahead of my budget, moreover is very difficult to get in my country (they do sold via online but still limited & hard to find, but I do not believe or don't like to buy online ...a lot of scams going on there....). I don't deny the Western Digital Black2 is very useful and the price are appropriate, but (for me, if converted into the my country currency ) it consider expensive. Like I say in my previous thread , there are some about SSD that I do not quite like, so decided to chose the SSHD.

Okay, this mean it okay (no problem) to partition the SSHD.
but what about it performance? does this (partition the SSHD) will cause problems or causing the SSHD to slow down (I mean the speed) ?
Already bought the SSHD & partition it, thank god everything fine, the partition doesn't effect the speed.

Last edited:

Ask a Question