Can i delete my yahoo mail and create a new one with the same name?

Reaction score
I WAS THINGHING IF THIS IS POSSIBLE SINCE I HAVE NO YET AN ANSWER FROM YAHOO HELP IN MY PROBLEM (https://www.w7forums.com/dead-yahoo-mail-t8131.html)
THEY SEND A RESPONSE TO MY MAIL BUT THEY STILL...WORK ON IT. SO I THING OF DELETE MY PRESENT ACCOUNT AND THEN CREATE IT AGAIN (SO THAT I LL NOT LOOSE MY NEW INCOMING MESSAGES FROM MY CONTACTS.WELL IS THAT POSSIBLE?

Reaction score
I'm not for certain but I'm thinking that if you delete an account, you would then have to wait a certain length of time before you could create an account using the same name.

However if you use the password and possibly answer a security questions, re-activating the account could possibly help correct an issue. There is no way to know for sure if that would fix things without trying it though. Keep in mind if you deactivate an account I believe all e-mail will be wiped.

Works about the same as a company re-possessing a vehicle. The company would be required to hold the vehicle a small length of time before selling it to someone else. This allows the customer the option to take up payments again without losing the vehicle.

Reaction score
After you delete a Yahoo Mail account, the turnaround process for signing up with the same username again would not be available for at least 90 days, as Yahoo does not immediately release the address. Also, all folders in your account will be flushed and of course that includes all mail messages contained within them, so you would not be able to recover any of those messages, even after you signed up again with the same username.

To request deletion for your Yahoo Mail account, visit this link .. https://edit.yahoo.com/config/delete_user.

After you request that your account be deleted, it will take up to 90 days for all of the account data associated with your mail account to be permanently deleted.

Last edited:

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Also, should you decide to delete you account, it is possible someone could sneak in there and create a new account using that name before.

Ask a Question