BSOD with no dump files created?

Reaction score
Hi all, I am trying to help a friend of mine who is experiencing bluescreens after playing some graphically intensive games for longer than ~5 minutes. I would post a dump file here, but the PC is not creating them. I have tried setting it to create them in startup and recovery options... Even tried custom registry files to get his PC to write a dump file. No joy. Any suggestions? I can post pictures of the bluescreens if necessary.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It's possible the bluescreen is related to hard drive problems so maybe it can't write them.

Since you say it happens only in graphic intensive games update the video drivers, get all the patches for the game. And consider heat - if it is heat the computer may be shutting down immediately to keep the components from frying and that would explain no time to DMP.

Is it a laptop? They are known for heat issues as is so intense gaming could definitely send it over the top. See if there are temperature sensors in the BIOS settings; if so you may be able to set a sound to play if it gets too hot - which might prove yes or no if it is heat.

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I am beginning to think that it is. However on the bluescreen it says dumping physical memory to disk complete which is confusing to say the least.

By the way, the stop code is 0x0000003B

Not sure how this can help. But any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What is the make/model of the computer or motherboard & video card?

Ask a Question