BSOD while playing WoW, and other games ..

Reaction score
My computer is custom built, and about 4 years old but it can run a lot of games just fine. The BSOD doesn't happen until I've been playing the game for about an hour or so but it's been happening a lot more frequently. I always update my graphics card, and anything I can I just don't know why it's doing this. I even took off the side of the tower to keep it from overheating. Can someone help?

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm guessing here..but I think it might be related to memory, either your RAM or RAM on the GPU. Run memtest86+ to check your memory.
http://www.memtest.org/

Also check to make sure all your hardware is fully seated and cable connections are secure and fully seated

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Remove and clean install both nVidia drivers and DirectX.

I'd update Flash too, for good measure.

Reaction score
I would only flash the computer BIOS when you have problems related to the motherboard BIOS. A good motherboard site will have at least a short explaination of what each flash does.

Normally, when a computer crashes or suffers a BSOD while gaming, especially an older computer, if drivers are up do date, then you may have a hardware issue. I am not saying a motherboard BIOS Flash may not help, it might, however, there are other things to look at.

And, the last thing you want during a Windows based BIOS flash is a non-recoverable BSOD, or worse even from DOS, loss of power = destroyed BIOS, especially on older computers. That is why I spend money on a good UPS, no problems flashing the BIOS, for one.

Please read the following, a post very similar to yours, gaming BSOD:

https://www.w7forums.com/bsod-while-playing-games-t15867.html

Reaction score
Remove and clean install both nVidia drivers and DirectX.

I'd update Flash too, for good measure.
Ok, I'm going to attempt to do that and then I'll post again if it works, or if I'm still getting BSOD's

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got another BSOD it didn't work, I might end up buying a new graphics card all together. But thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Ask a Question