BSOD while playing any game

Reaction score
Hi,

I am facing problem with BSOD.

Its just if i play a game in 3-4 minutes game freezes and crashes my system to safe start. Same does not happen on 1080p movies on VLC Player.

I already had updated nvidia drivers. Then felt may be new drivers are unstable so also went to safe mode installed some really old stable driver. However problem remained the same.

I also did memtest. i am sorry i ran out of patience but post 2 hrs also it showed new error. also there are no artifacts as such on the screen.

My System :

Intel Core I7 920
Gigabyte X 58 USB3
Gskill F3-12800CL7T-6GB
GTX 580 Twin Frozr II
Xonar Essence ST
Corsair HX 850
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

If i have not filled in info as per desired format, do let me know if something i need to add. Sorry n Thank you for the same.

Attachments

Reaction score
also there is a program called drivermax helped me find out what drivers needed updating

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Skinnyck is right that is is probably a driver issue but it is much better to go to the computer or motherboard manufacturer's website, as well as the video card manufacturer's website and get your drivers yourself.

Programs like Driverrmax can be extremely dangerous to the health of your computer. When they work it's nice but when they are wrong and have you install a driver that is not right for your computer it is possible you may no longer be able to boot in normal mode. If you feel the need to use a driver update tool, then do it smart:
1. Create a restore point
2. Install one (only one) recommended driver
3. reboot your computer and make sure everything comes back up
4a. If all is OK then go back to step 1 and at step 2 get the next driver offered
4b. If the computer won't boot normally then boot into safe mode (F8 on boot) and restore to the last restore point. If there are more drivers available you can continue, one at a time, just remember to skip the one that messed up your computer.

antz, if you want more help you need to attach a zip of your actual DMPs. See How to get BSOD help.

Reaction score
Did you installed any new driver or update recently? I suspect there are some recently installed drivers or updates that are causing this issue. Look at the new installations by following the procedures given below:

1. Click Start, type "View Installed Updates" in the Search Box.
2. Press ENTER.
3. Right click an update item, select Uninstall.

Ask a Question