BSOD while playing DOTA 2

Reaction score
For like the last 3 months I have been experiencing blue screens while playing DOTA 2. In the beginning it wasnt too bad, but it kept getting worse, and now once I start the game it crashes after not even 5 minutes. I'm not certain if it also happens in other games, but if so very rarely.

The blue screen range from:
driver_irql_not_less_or_equal,
kmode_exception_not_handled,
system_service_exception,
system_thread_exception_not_handled,
driver_page_in_freed_special_pool

In most cases the cause of the BSODs were either the files ntoskrnl.exe or dxgmms1.sys.

I knew that dxgmms1.sys is part of my directx so I tried updating my drivers, reinstalling them and installing drivers from before the blue screens started happening...nothing helped.

Some Com Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS P5B Deluxe
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 TI

I have already run Memtest and there were no errors.

I have included a couple dump files from a couple of the different crashes.

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Generally it is the game or the video drivers. Best I can suggest is make sure you have all the game patches & the latest video drivers, maybe even try beta drivers if available. Also make sure your power supply is within specs for your Fermi.

Reaction score
Ok, I was just playing another game...and BOOM it crashed...obviously it is not the game then. But I have the newest driver from NVIDIA, so atm I'm kinda stumped

Ask a Question