BSOD while playing games

Reaction score
Hi there!

I posted a topic with this problem a while back and it never got solved, so I come back begging for assistance. Since yesterday I haven't had a Blue screen in almost a month, I thought it just stopped crashing, well, it's playing up again while playing games. The more graphically intensive the game is the less time it will take for it to crash. I just checked Bluescreenview and it points towards 'ntoskrnl.exe' and 'tcpip.sys'. I have run multiple antivirus softwares and they have all come back saying my computer is not infected, and I believe my drivers are up to date. I will attach the latest dump file.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

Reaction score
Thant is an odd bluescreen message for a crash.

How old is your computer?

What version of Windows are you using, and when is the last time you used a can of compressed air to clean the inside of your computer and modem?

By cleaning your computer, I mean, everything, including heatsinks, fans, and power supply.

If your computer is old, make sure you and the computer are grounded [for home users, best if the computer power supply is turned off, but plugged into a surge protector and the surge protector is turned off, this will provide a ground - and ground yourself to the computer with a wrist strap when touching internal computer components].

While grounded, disconnect and reconnect anything in a slot inside the computer, and external jacks, including CAT and all other cables, at least 3 times, do the same for the modem. If the modem is external, make sure it is unplugged, and disconnect and reconnect all cables 3 times.

Your problem is often a weak component [computer hardware, such as a video card], but can also be caused by natural movement of components due to a great number of heating up and cooling down cycles, and/or a natural build up of impure or oxidized materials, that is the reason for disconnecting and reconnecting at least 3 times, it removes impure metal and properly re-seats components.

Last edited:

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Do you by chance have ESET installed?

Reaction score
Further clarification

In case you have read my reply above, when I mentioned "Your problem is often a weak component [computer hardware, such as a video card]", in my mind I understood the entire picture and fail to clearly explain by leaving enough information.

A component or circuit on a video card could be failing or over heating, this is not exclusive of the video card, but can be something on the motherboard or power supply. Those are the most obvious hardware components to look at.

A weak or poor quality power supply actually destroy computer components. A power supply acts as a sort of "shock absorber" for the rest of the computer. And, if you live in area prone to brown outs, black outs, lightning storms, and so on, the more punishment the power supply and the rest of the computer is under.

Always fix the free things first, such as what you are trying to do here. If you have a spare video card, install it and see what happens. Or, try turning down the quality options in games. If either solve your problem, most likely you have a bad video card and/or power supply, because power demands will be lowered.

I often do not write everything, in part, because I know what is in my head and forget others do not, and I do not write everything because I do not want to write small books every post while trying to explain diagnostics and the why of each.

I am not trying to be rude, just honest.

Reaction score
I've opened the computer up and there doesn't seem to be any dust or other things inside, but I haven't tried compressed air. I'll write some of my systems specs so you guys can have an easier time identifying the problem

Graphics Card: Radeon HD 6870
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.30 GHZ
8GB RAM
I'm not sure what Power Supply I have, but I think it's sufficient for the hardware I have.
I'm just unsure as to why it should crash 4-5 times a day, completely stop for 3 weeks to a month, then go back to bluescreening.

Ask a Question