BSOD when waking up from sleep

Reaction score
Hi,

I have purchased a new laptop 2 weeks ago, and I have been experiencing BSODs relatively frequently.

It seems to be related to sleep mode as this tends to happen whenever the laptop goes to sleep and/or wakes up from sleep. It does not always happen, sometimes it wakes up normally, but so far i am getting at least 1 BSOD a day.

I haven't noticed any other patterns that may have caused these except for sleep.
I've attached a few dumpfiles: the 2 most recent ones were done with Driver Verifier active.

The frist dumpfiles all seem to point out to athrx.sys which is the driver for my ethernet controller : Atheros AR8162/8166/8168 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20).

I've checked the driver's version and it seems recent:
athrx.sys Wed Mar 21 09:42:59 2012. I also have the latest version available for my system according to Dell's Driver & download page, which would be 2.0.11.12. However Atheros seems to have a more recent version on their site : 2.1.0.7 (http://www.qca.qualcomm.com/corporate/content.php?nav1=146), but they do not give details on the updates/changes or further details on system compatibility.

On the other hand the 2 most recent dumpfiles with driver verifier active seem to point out to : ntkrnlmp.exe. Which does not help me sort out the real culprit.

I am beyond my level of expertise here and would really appreciate some help in solving the issue. Should i update Atheros driver with the one on the manufacturer site? or I am looking the wrong way?

I've also attached a RAMMON report, and CPU-Z screenshots.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide :D

Rached

Attachments

Reaction score
Thank you for the help, I will try updating the driver.
Will see if it works out in the following days :)

Ask a Question