BSOD after waking up from sleep

Reaction score
Hello, recently i bought new laptop ASUS n55sf and also bought additional SSD, and made fresh install of windows on it, so i installed a lot of drivers and software, and now I always get BSOD after waking up laptop from sleep (hibernate works ok). So when i wake up laptop, it shows me windows login screen, and when i login it eather goes BSOD, or it wont load anything except desktop background. I think that some drivers or software is causing it, but as i said i installed a lot of those and figuring out which one is to blame is hard.

Attachments

zigzag3143

Wanikiya
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Hello, recently i bought new laptop ASUS n55sf and also bought additional SSD, and made fresh install of windows on it, so i installed a lot of drivers and software, and now I always get BSOD after waking up laptop from sleep (hibernate works ok). So when i wake up laptop, it shows me windows login screen, and when i login it eather goes BSOD, or it wont load anything except desktop background. I think that some drivers or software is causing it, but as i said i installed a lot of those and figuring out which one is to blame is hard.

Please run a system file check to verify and repair the OS files.

Run a system file check to verify and repair your system files.
To do this type cmd in search, then right click to run as administrator, then
SFC /SCANNOW

It may need to be run up to three times before sucessful

Read here for more information http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

Let us know the results from the report at the end.

Let us know the results.

Reaction score
Here is results:

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\Windows\system32>

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
I'd agree with ya, it's probably a bad driver somewhere. It's amazing how many drivers sleep mode can break when it doesn't work right. All I can say is, make sure all the drivers are up to date, you're just going to have to reinstall the latest version one by one. Especially the chipset drivers. Don't forget the latest drivers from NVIDIA for that GPU, as well.

zigzag3143

Wanikiya
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Kougar is of course correct.

If you want to find out which you can run driver verifier

I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Reaction score
I am running into the same issues. I have ran the sfc scannow. It notified me that there are corrupt files but they were unable to fix them. It placed a log fiile in the CBS directory, but when I attempt to open it, I get "Access Denied"

Can you assist me?

Thanks

Here is results:

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\Windows\system32>

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Hi tmjhicks and Welcome to The Forum.

You'll be far better off starting your own thread in the BSOD Forum. It was only by chance I found you here. A new thread will give you zero answers which shows regular members that you're looking for an answer.

My canned speech from another forum reads:

We really need to see the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:
Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

The .dmp files are located at C:\Windows\Minidump. Until a .dmp file is generated, the Minidump folder may not exist.

Go to your C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Copy the .dmp files to a new folder on your desktop. Zip up that folder and attach to a post.

Please see: How to ask for help with a BSOD problem Following Method 2:
Download
and run the SF Diagnostics Tool. Right click the SF Diag tool and select Run as Administrator before running. When the reports have been created, zip them up and attach to a post.

Download and run CPU-Z. Take screenshots**/snips of the CPU tab, Mainboard tab, Memory tab and all the slot #'s under the SPD tab.
Go to Post Reply, click on the Go Advanced button and attach the screenshots**/snips to your post for all the RAM experts to see by using the paper clip you will find on the top toolbar. Do not zip them up.
If screenshots, please crop.

The more info we have the better.

Hope that helps

Ask a Question