SOLVED BSOD after waking from sleep

Reaction score
Hi

I have a fairly basic Compaq core i3 2100 that I have been using as a basis for slowly building a new computer. I have just installed an OCZ Vertex 4 as the new system drive with a copy of Windows 7 Pro.
The trouble is, since I put the SSD in the computer consistently BSOD's coming out of sleep. I assumed it was a driver issue so i have done my best to find all the latest drivers I can but I need help analysing the crash dumps.
Any help would be very appreciated.

Attachments

Reaction score
Hello Jakusonfire

1 dumps points to btprot.sys as the probable cause.
btprot is related to your Bluetooth device.

In order to eradicate the BSOD, please try to do the following:
Update: btprot.sys. GEARAspiWDm.sys

Reaction score
Hi

Thanks so much for the reply ... I bought a really cheap bluetooth 3.0 dongle online and i can't find any sort of support for it so i doubt that I'll be able to update the drivers for it but I think I will just bin it and buy a decent mini pcie wifi/BT card (my desktop motherboard has on open slot) ... beware the cheap online IT deal is the lesson I guess :)

On a side note I had been also having some BSOD problems after I put in my new OCZ Vertex 4 SSD but eventually I found a new Intel rapid storage controller driver on the HP website for a different, more recent model PC that had the same motherboard. So some of those crash files might have related to that.

Ask a Question