BSOD. When playing games..

Reaction score
Lemme explain the problem to you. I only get bluescreens when i play games, minecraft, arma 2 oa, battlefield 3, etc. i get them few times, restart comp, may get again, restart comp, and poof no bluescreens for the rest of the day! but the next day they come again! i had 1 week break and i didn't have a single bluescreen. but well they've started again.

I'll give you the minidumps when i get bluescreen again. so patient

Attachments

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
When it is games involved, always make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card installed and be sure the game patches are up-to-date.

Fir help, make sure you have minidumps enabled. Also you may have some sitting there (in \Windows\Minidump) from the last BSOD; if so, post those. More info on BSOD help HERE.

Reaction score
Now i've another problem :( I cant acces the minidumps properly. It says acces denied, i already enabled administrator rights, also downloaded the "Take ownership thing" it didn't help either.. sigh

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
"When" does it tell you Access Denied? Is it when you try to zip the files? You don't have write permissions to that folder so it cannot zip them there. Create a folder in "my documents" and copy them, then zip the copy.

Reaction score
Roger theres 1 of the minidumps for you! Also im not sure can this be related to the problem, but my internet explorer crashes everytime i try to start it up, skype crashes when i try to start it up, also origin. and when i tried to do 1 spyware scan program it crashed on install... so many problems suddenly that i've never had before. i also did this in safe mode with networking, disabled all expect microsoft drivers and still internet explorer crashes.

Edit: the spyware program was called spybot

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I'm not a BSOD expert but it seems to point to NTSF.sys and that can be replaced from the W7 install disk. See HERE.

Reaction score
So its

X:\Sources> D:\Windows\system32\drivers

When i press enter it says that its the wrong path or it says that it cant open it since it isnt bath file blabla..

what am i doing wrong? ty in advance

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Forget that, I think it was written for Windows XP.

Do you have your W7 DVD? Pop it in to the DVD-Rom and reboot your system so it boots to that DVD. Then run a "System Repair" (bottom left)

Reaction score
Yes ive done this, got on to command prompt, and typed that stuff, now im asking what did i do wrong. Theres 5 options
System Restore
Startup Repair
System Image Recovery
Windows Memory Diagnostic
Command Prompt

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I said forget the website link, I now believe that was written for Windows XP not Windows 7.

Simply put in your Windows 7 DVD and boot your system to the W7 DVD. When it comes up it will see your computer already has Windows 7 and there will be an option in the lower left corner that says System Repair. Run it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No this wont help at all. but i did it anyways, i have done system restore on startup repair earlier and the problem fixes for that day usually (sometimes not), but the bsod comes again next day and i have to repeat the rebooting, system restore sometimes. i can only do system restore to 10.1.2012, or to the day i made last backup (like a year back >.<) and i've got this problem for like 1-2 months already, so system restore wont help me, also i've noticed every time i shut down my computer, windows installs 1 of 1 updates, everytime! maybe it has also something to do with this? Internet explorer still crashes, so does skype, origin.

i have to take the backup of, 12.6.2011?

Ty for help !

Edit: i tried installing another antivirus+spyware program, but it crashed in setup install/uninstall, called SpySweeper.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you think your issue may be caused by a virus then I suggest you download TDSSKiller and RKill from the Virus Removal section of our Freeware DB. Then reboot into safe mode (without network support) and run TDSSKiller, then RKill and then run a complete virus scan. Do not reboot or exit Safe Mode until all three have completed.

As for Spyware, I've never tried Spysweeper. Personally I use and recommend Spybot Search & Destroy which I have used for years, even back on WinXP.

I don't know what to say about the back-up. Going forward, you should take backups more often than that but, as for going back that long ago - that would be up to you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Okay, i did the virus scans, no problems with that. i think i'll do the backup :) just wanna get rid of this problem, would reinstalling wi7 help?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
As long as your problem isn't caused by a hardware problem (Bad RAM, faulty hard drive) then a fresh install should be very good for your PC health. If the problem is bad drivers you may get lucky and have a newer one get installed but if not and the issue is a bad driver or a faulty game then it won't solve your problem In other words it won't hurt but it may not help.

If you do go ahead and reinstall: I suggest you first back up your userid settings & data to an external hard drive first. Windows Easy Transfer is built in to W7 and is very good for this. Be sure you have all the product keys for any paid software (including W7 itself) before you format the drive. Then you reinstall, restore the WET back-up and reinstall all your programs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well Fu**. When i try to install it, the install exe crashes.. like in other programs.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Uninstall your current video driver:
-control panel > device manager.
-expand display adapters
-double click on your video card
-choose the driver tab
-uninstall

Now reboot.

When it comes back up it may automatically search for missing drivers, let it.

Run the video driver update again

Ask a Question