BSOD. When playing games..

Reaction score
But what if it doesn't allow me to update again and it just crashes? then i would be stuck to the oldest driver.

Edit: got ntfs.sys bluescreen, also i got a bluescreen when i was on chrome watching a video.

Edit 2: I did what you said, and now i got the oldest driver :/ since it crashes on updating

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What do you mean "the oldest driver"? You mean it simply reinstalled the driver you had uninstalled?

Try booting to safe mode and see if you can install the new driver there.

Reaction score
I had the newest nvidia driver installed, but i reinstalled the gpu, so im now at the oldest driver version and can't update, i'll try it in safemode tomorrow. but i don't think it will work since internet explorer didn't work in safemode either.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Have you even downloaded the latest driver? You said you tried to install it and it bsod'd so that inplied you HAD the driver so why would you need IE in safe mode?

Reaction score
... I am just saying that since internet explorer crashed in safe mode too the driver installation wouldn't work. It doesn't bsod, it just crashes, like windows is looking for solution style. i have downloaded the driver from nvidia website, and when i am trying to install it, it crashes. Every single setup/install crashes on my computer. I will try it in safemode when i got more time.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If every program you run causes a BSOD, even in safe mode, then I think it's time to consider a fresh install of W7 because you seem to have major problems. Originally you said it was just games, now it's IE and installs and who knows what else.

Reaction score
Yes i've noticed this bit after but they dont give me BSOD they just crash on desktop, how do i do fresh install? thats the last thing i ask and i wont bother you anymore ^_^. But games give me BSOD, but programs like skype, IE, setup/installs crash on desktop.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
BSODs/Crashes can be caused by Software or by hardware problems. If you have hardware problems (a bad motherboard, bad CPU, a bad hard drive, faulty RAM) then an install will likely fail too; your computer would need repaired/parts replaced.

But if the problem is software (OS is damaged or compromised in some way) then a fresh install should still work because none of the faulty software is used. Your DVDRom must be set up first on the boot order so that your hard drive is not read for start-up instructions. Instead your computer uses the basic instructions stored on the W7 DVD and should boot up to the W7 installation menu without problem. At that point you should select the command prompt and completely format the hard drive (everything will be gone, all your programs, all your settings, all your data, everything). Then you perform the install and a fresh OS is put on your computer hard drive. At that point you start over, you setup your ID, you install all the programs you use or run in the background (like a good anti-virus program), and then you scan for viruses any data you had backed up and you copy that back to your hard drive.

Ask a Question