BSOD upon Sleep or Hibernate

Reaction score
Hi, I've posted here before with this exact problem. From the prior thread 2-3 weeks ago, I did all the updates requested. But I'm still getting the crashes, which seem to just get more frequent.

I've attached the zip file containing my recent minidumps since I updated my drivers. When I close the lid to place in sleep or hibernate (I've tried both), sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, the computer either 1) doesn't shut down completely but becomes completely unresponsive (the screen is dark but power light/fan/etc. engaged) and I will have to manually shut off by holding the power key (I wait a while before doing this-- 10 minutes or more) or 2) it will eventually shut down by itself and when restarted I get the "Windows didn't shut down normally" screen. So some of the dumps may reflect me manually holding down the power button to shut off the machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have had to resort to System Restore a number of times because the constant abnormal shutdowns seem to corrupt things.

Thank you!

Rob

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Are you using Norton Internet Security (NIS)?

EDIT: Apologies, you could try to update NIS and see if it is fixed.

If you are, I suggest that you download Microsoft AV: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials

Be offline, uninstall Norton. Install MS AV.
There is a problem with NIS and network drivers and sleep mode. I don't know what the fix is yet.

Please let us know one way or another.

Last edited:

Ask a Question