BSOD "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" or "IRQL_DRIVER_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL"

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've had this problem for days now and have had no success in fixing it. I've did a clean install of windows, yet I still come across this problem. I've linked the minidump file, with hopes that someone can tell me what the problem is. I've had 2 kinds of blue screen, both of which are in the driver.

http://www.mediafire.com/?94sbmfnwcsqcmpr

Now, the enclosed mindump had the system service exception error. At that time, I was running an AVG scan and transferring files from my backup. It began lagging, then crashed. There are a few things to note though. Before I restored, my computer experienced this randomly ( once a week ) while playing a game. However, there was no bluescreen, just a fizz and crash. After a series of recurring crashes, it came to the point where I couldn't even reach the loading screen without it crashing. Note that before my restore, there was no blue screen, but there were minidumps.

I'm not sure what caused this, as I have not made any hardware changes for years, especially not now with my finals coming up. Here I've attached a few minidumps before I restored for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cd2g77i9vxlz8cl

I do have yet to run memtest on my computer, so the idea that my RAM is corrupt is not out of the question. Also, a recent techie I've called over said that my graphics card could be spoiled. However, I've read that these two errors aren't related to the graphics card, only drivers or memory.

As of now, I have AVG, drivers, motherboard utilities and google chrome installed, nothing else. The reason I posted my problem instead of reading others is due to the fact that of the many I've read, each of them had an entirely different problem with varying solutions.

Please do help me out here.

Cheers,

Reaction score
If I'm doing something wrong, do tell me. I will update the info accordingly

Shintaro

Reaction score
When you re-installed, did you install ALL the drivers for the motherboard?

What is your hardware?

Reaction score
Yeah, when I restored, I reinstalled ONLY my motherboard and graphics card drivers, nothing else. Still get the bluescreens. Mind telling me what they mean, because I have no clue at all .

Reaction score
I have a Crosshair Formula IV Motherboard, AMD Phenom III Processor, and an Radeon HD6950 graphics card

Reaction score
I believe that is all isn't it? Anyways, I now I have another error:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

It happened after I woke my computer from sleep mode and launched chrome. I may not be able to retrieve the dmp files as my computer simply refuses to boot up. Any help?

One more thing, what could the error in the latest dmp file in the 2nd link be? I didn't perform any software or hardware changes and out of nowhere that happened?

If you could so kindly tell me that problem so I can pinpoint it, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for getting back to me so quick though, you're a lifesaver

Shintaro

Reaction score
Sorry have you installed all the motherboard drivers? Before the crash?

If you cannot boot try this: https://www.w7forums.com/startup-repair-t441.html

In regards to the second lot of crash dumps, they appear to be pointing to you video card. But tht doesn't matter now because you re-installed.

I'll be back online in about 6 hours. Its bed time.

Reaction score
I've been brought to the idea that my NTFS drive could be corrupted? I don't know what could have caused the initial crashes, but since the problem happens even after restoring, could that be the problem?

Reaction score
Video card? Ahhh, might be because I had the wrong driver installed previously.

Anyways, I got more crashes. I find the IRQL_DRIVER BSOD's happen usually when i'm installing something, such as avg or even my motherboard utilities. Transferring files can cause this too.

Yeah, the reason I asked for the previous ones is to make sure whether I could restore from the backup or not. Video card? I understand that is because of my incorrect driver but that doesnt explain why there was a sudden upsurge of crashes that day. I will post my entire minidump folder BEFORE and AFTER restoration.

In regards to your reply:

Sorry have you installed all the motherboard drivers? Before the crash?:

Both before and after, however the random crashes before were caused by my incorrect driver. However, what caused the recent upsurge of crashes is still unexplained.

If you cannot boot try this: Startup Repair:

Did that, can boot now.

In regards to the second lot of crash dumps, they appear to be pointing to you video card. But tht doesn't matter now because you re-installed.

Explained

I'll be back online in about 6 hours. Its bed time.

Alrighty man, I'll be waiting for ya. Just wanna thank ya again for all this help. So far you seem to be the only one capable of answering anything among all the places I've looked for help

PS: How DO you know they point to my video card? Debugging?

Reaction score
Here's a more recent problem. dmp says the most likely problem is: hardware (ntfs)

What does that mean? Hard drive problem? I cant view it properly, no symbols. I must quickly post this b4 i randomly blue screen again. Cheers.

http://www.mediafire.com/?u9cq2wlslmwl9mj

(This includes all my crashes after restore)

Reaction score
I might reply at around 8 or so, cos i live in perth and i wake up at 8.00 ( +8.00GMT)

Shintaro

Reaction score
Time for some testing.
What brand of hard drive do you have?

If your not sure how to check there are 2 ways to get to the same Device Manager.

press windows key and pause keys.
Click on Device Manager
Double Click on "Disk Drives"

Or Start, run devmgmt.msc
Double Click on "Disk Drives"

Ask a Question