BSOD: System Service Exception

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm having an issue with a recurring bluescreen. I've have them in the past, seemed like it might've been related to a Hauppauge Colossus capture card I had in the machine. I also had suspicions that it was due to a too-weak power supply. I replaced the power supply when I got a new video card and crashes seem to have stopped.

However, I had an issue where the video card drivers were causing trouble with the audio over HDMI, so I installed the AMD beta drivers and the crashes started coming back! I've had a few blue screen causes, but "system service exception" is the most recent, but I've also had "machine check exception."

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Not a BSOD expert but ...

First, I always recommend you first run a virus scan in safe mode as explained HERE.

Catalyst Control Center is known to cause issues on some machines. Try uninstalling the driver including CCC. Use the Catalyst uninstall tool. Then install just the driver w/o CCC.

And have you ever tested your memory? Memtest86+

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

I've run memtest already, no errors found. I haven't run a virus scan yet, but this is a problem that's persisted over multiple windows installs so I assume that's not the case? I've tried the catalyst uninstaller now and for a time everything seemed fine, however I got another crash the other day, so it seems like whatever the problem is is still lurking somewhere.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The only thing I can suggest is to visit the manufacturers website (computer, motherboard, extra cards, printer) and make sure all your drivers are the latest and as I mentioned, when you install the video, be sure to exclude CCC.

Beyond that, I'm not a BSOD expert and you might want to try posting your new DMPs in another forum when the bluescreen experts are more active.

Ask a Question