BSOD Multiple Error Codes

Reaction score
Hello there,

It seems my BSOD issues have returned. Not sure why, everything was working fine until I attempted (ironically) to make some backup discs of my various mods and other work and toward the end of the burn it bluescreened. Tried it three times, did the same at different points. Then it started bluescreening approx every 20 minutes. The best way I can illustrate is with a screenshot from Bluescreen Reader.

It started with RTKVHD674.sys, which is a RealTek HD Audio Driver. I went and updated this driver (despite the fact I don't use the onboard sound).

As you can see, ntoskrnl.exe started then, which I know is indicative of an error somewhere else (i.e it isn't the kernel thats causing it). So I went and also updated my Onboard LAN and Chipset drivers (per the advice given to me on my last thread that they were outdated)

I decided to test it for a while and played FH2 for a few hours. No BSOD. I went to bed and left my PC at the desktop.

I awoke to find it had Bluescreened again, but now at ataport.sys. Apparently this can be caused by a broken or incorrect driver. I wonder whether I got the correct driver for my MB and so forth. Other than that I am clueless. Last time I got these BSODs I dug into everything, removed everything that was incompatible, ran anti-virus and anti-spyware scans, the works.

Attached is the dmp file for the most recent bluescreen. Also, see below for CPU-Z Screenshots

http://www.mediafire.com/?kjj8rvpwt33d9ww

Reaction score
Alrighty, I already updated to the latest drivers at that site. I shall try updating the BIOS and let you know if it helps.

EDIT: Could not update BIOS as the update program is incompatible with Windows 7 64-Bit. However everything else has been updated.

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
How is the system going now? Still Blue Screens (BSOD)?
If it is still crashing, then follow the instructions on the Giga-Byte web site for updating the BIOS.

Let us know how you are go.

Reaction score
Still crashing. Here is the most recent BSOD

http://www.mediafire.com/?x3atwt93hlfbqme

As far as I can tell there are no instructions on the Giga-Byte website for updating the BIOS. I downloaded the BIOS update program from them, it doesn't work.

EDIT: Using @BIOS, updated to BIOS F8 from F7. It boots anyway. Question that might be related to this issue: When it booted with the new BIOS it asked me if I wanted to enable AHCI functionality since my SATA was currently in IDE mode. Is this a good idea? Should I do this? Do I need to alter any other settings software or jumper wise to enable this?

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Best to leave it the way that it was, IDE mode.
So th BIOS is updated now?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Do you have Half-Life and CounterStrike on your system? The minidump was complaining about steam.exe.

Reaction score
I have Steam on my system yes. It's sort of integral really. Can't play Steam games without it (more than merely HL these days)

and yes, BIOS is now updated. So far so good

Shintaro

Reaction score
But what game do you have on your system that uses it?

Reaction score
Several. More than I could list here in fact.

The BSOD seem to be related to me trying to burn a disc. It just did it again when trying to make a data DVD with my files on it. Its done the same with three different burning programs. I think either there is a driver problem, or my DVD Burner has died..

Latest dump file
http://www.mediafire.com/?613czq5v6kav42v

Shintaro

Reaction score
Ok, in relation to the "steam.exe" fault, I would suggest that you look for game updates from their site.

This latest mini dump reports that AVSDiscCreator is at fault. Are you using the latest version?

Reaction score
Uninstalled that program anyway, but it seems that anything accessing my DvD Burner to try and burn something just crashes the whole lot.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Some suggestions:

1/ Swap with another burner or a friends burner to see if the problem is in fact the burner.
2/ Update the firmware on the burner.
3/ Replace the burner.

Shintaro

Reaction score
So what were you doing at the time on the computer? I kind of need that information to try and understand where the fault may be.

Reaction score
Just browsing the net (looking at Matchbox Toys on a wiki site to be precise :) ) Does the dump file mention what exe or dll was to blame? (other than win32ksys?)

Shintaro

Reaction score
:) Just browsing the net is fine, I don't need more than that.

It is a bit strange, what browser were you using?

Shintaro

Reaction score
If you get a blue screen whilst you are browsing with firefox, when the system restarts, disable ALL the add-ins in Firefox, I think that one is crashing your computer. Once you have disabled all the add-ins try browsing to the same sites.

Ask a Question