BSOD is the Grinch in my life! PLEASE HELP!

Reaction score
Please help! I am in computer hell, My laptop died, and my main computer - my Dell Desktop is possessed.

Back in October I had to have the video card replaced. All was fin after that. Then the monitor died. So I replaced that. Then the BSOD started. I keep getting messaged that the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Then I also get the message PFN_LIST_CORRUPT.

I have tried troubleshooting every way I can think of. I also just lost my job and desperately need this computer to survive and find a new one.

I have attached the zip file with the last few dumps. My computer info should be in my profile. I am also running Norton 360.

I truly hope you can help me figure out what the problem is. I am desperate for a solution!

Thanks,
Lisa

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I'm not an experienced BSOD debugger but I did open your DMP files and they seem to all point to different Windows files and one actually points to SYMANTEC so it could be your anti-virus. Generally if your window updates are current then it is unlikely the windows files are the real problem so it's something else.

Make sure your Symantec is up-to-date. Then I would suggest you run a rootkit / anti-virus scan from safe mode. See instructions HERE.

I see your Nvidia video driver is from Nov 30th but there is an even newer one from Monday so you should update that HERE.

Our only active BSOD expert right now is in training so he often goes a week at a time before stopping in but hopefully he spots your DMPs and can give them a more thorough evaluation.

Ask a Question