SOLVED BSOD Help

Shintaro

Reaction score
Ok, looks good!
Open a command prompt as Administrator and type in the following:
Code:
wmic recoveros set DebugInfoType = 2
Please make sure you see that the command was "Successful".

Please enable Driver Verifier and make it crash if you can.

Driver verifier

The Driver Verifier tool that is included in every version of Windows since Windows 2000 it is used to detect and troubleshoot many driver issues that are known to cause system corruption, failures, or other unpredictable behavior.

***FIRST: Please backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Windows 7 Startup Repair feature.)
  1. Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
  2. Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
  3. Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
  4. Select:
    ---- Special Pool
    ---- Pool Tracking
    ---- Force IRQL Checking
    ----Deadlock Detection
    ---- Security Checks (Windows 7 & 8)
    ---- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8)
    ---- Miscellaneous Checks
  5. Click "Next"
  6. Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
  7. Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
  8. Select "Finish" on the next page.
Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.

How Long should I wait for a crash?

- If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.
How do I turn Driver Verifier off?!

- Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page.

- Or press the Windows Key + R, and type in "verifier /reset" (Without the quotes)

- Then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post. then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.
I can't get in to Windows, what do I do?

- If Windows will not start and get to a login screen or desktop, because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.

- If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
How do I put the crash dump files in a Zip file?

Instructions on putting files in a Zip file and extracting (Taking them out) again are explained HERE.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok, looks good!
Open a command prompt as Administrator and type in the following:
Code:
wmic recoveros set DebugInfoType = 2
Please make sure you see that the command was "Successful".

Please enable Driver Verifier and make it crash if you can.

Driver verifier

The Driver Verifier tool that is included in every version of Windows since Windows 2000 it is used to detect and troubleshoot many driver issues that are known to cause system corruption, failures, or other unpredictable behavior.

***FIRST: Please backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Windows 7 Startup Repair feature.)
  1. Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
  2. Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
  3. Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
  4. Select:
    ---- Special Pool
    ---- Pool Tracking
    ---- Force IRQL Checking
    ----Deadlock Detection
    ---- Security Checks (Windows 7 & 8)
    ---- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8)
    ---- Miscellaneous Checks
  5. Click "Next"
  6. Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
  7. Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
  8. Select "Finish" on the next page.
Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.

How Long should I wait for a crash?

- If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.
How do I turn Driver Verifier off?!

- Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page.

- Or press the Windows Key + R, and type in "verifier /reset" (Without the quotes)

- Then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post. then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.
I can't get in to Windows, what do I do?

- If Windows will not start and get to a login screen or desktop, because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.

- If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
How do I put the crash dump files in a Zip file?

Instructions on putting files in a Zip file and extracting (Taking them out) again are explained HERE.
Ok will do in the morning or once I have a chance. I am running MemTest overnight.

Reaction score
Cheers mate,
We'll wait for your report.
Alright, sorry I disappeared for a while. I was busy and didn't have access to the computer. I finished MemTest with 15 passes and 0 errors. I did not take out any sticks for the test if it matters. I also tried to use the verifier, but all it did was cause my system to crash after less than 30 seconds into a screen that looked like what the screen was, only with a bunch of lines and things like it. The only way I could get the computer to work was through safe mode, so I disabled verifier. How can I get it to work without doing that? The verifier also caused my toolbar to look like it does in safe mode.
I might consider starting a new thread if this one does not get any responses (cause I was gone for two weeks) but let me know.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

Don't worry about the time, I get an email when you update the thread.

Could you please have a look in C:\Windows or C:\Windows\Minidump for any recent crash dump files.

Reaction score
I have been getting blue screens but I checked the settings and for some reason the minidumps had been reset . The most recent one I have is from last time. I also realized that my theme just changed to a simpler one *facepalm.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

In Driver Verifier, Instead of selecting all the drivers that are NOT Microsoft, Just select the drivers that are NOT from the Provider Advanced Micro Devices Inc and Microsoft.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,
Could you please get in to Driver Verifier and take a screen shot of the list of Drivers. If you could please leave out the Microsoft Drivers.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

Could you please remove Avast!. There seems to be a problem with Avast and RealTek network cards at the moment.

Please use Windows Defender until the crashes stop. Please ensure that you update Windows Defender.

1. The Uninstaller for AVAST can be found HERE
  2. Uninstall Avast in Safe Mode using Avastclear, HERE
  3. Run Rejzors Uninstall Utility, found HERE, in Normal Mode (removes traces avastclear doesn't) - reboot.
Then try to enable Driver Verifier again.

Reaction score
Mate,

Could you please remove Avast!. There seems to be a problem with Avast and RealTek network cards at the moment.

Please use Windows Defender until the crashes stop. Please ensure that you update Windows Defender.

1. The Uninstaller for AVAST can be found HERE
  2. Uninstall Avast in Safe Mode using Avastclear, HERE
  3. Run Rejzors Uninstall Utility, found HERE, in Normal Mode (removes traces avastclear doesn't) - reboot.
Then try to enable Driver Verifier again.
Ok I uninstalled avast and tried to enable the verifier again. It still crashes to the same screen just not as quickly (still under 2 minutes). I'll attach snapshots of the drivers that I am enabling.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

1/ Could you please uninstall Daemon Tools and the ASUS utilities like Air charger.
2/ Please run those Avast uninstall utilities again, as there is still a Avast driver being loaded (aswhwid.sys).
3/ Don't select the 3 drivers that start with "dump"

Let us know how you go.

Reaction score
Mate,

1/ Could you please uninstall Daemon Tools and the ASUS utilities like Air charger.
2/ Please run those Avast uninstall utilities again, as there is still a Avast driver being loaded (aswhwid.sys).
3/ Don't select the 3 drivers that start with "dump"

Let us know how you go.
I re-ran the avastclear and avast cleanup tool, but when I go into the verifier I still see aswhid.sys in there. Am I not doing it right? Also does Asus utilities include the ai suite?

Reaction score
Update: I have enabled the verifier without Microsoft, Advanced Micro Devices and those starting with DUMP_ . I haven't gotten the crash screen yet. I also uninstalled the ai suite and avast (although the aswhid.sys driver is still in the verifier {I have it enabled}). What now? Should I try to make the system blue screen like before?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

Yep, try and do what ever you did last time that made it crash.

Reaction score
Mate,

Yep, try and do what ever you did last time that made it crash.
I am having trouble making it bluescreen. It is freezing and programs and games are crashing but I have not been able to get it to bluescreen because it freezes or the app crashes before it can. What could be causing these crashes? Also be freezes I am referring to what was happening earlier (I posted a picture) or when my headphones start making a staticy sound and the screen glitches out.

Ask a Question