SOLVED BSOD Help

Reaction score
Hello, I have been getting a lot of blue screens. The problem has been around for a long time but I recently re-installed win 7 to try to get a fresh restart. The crashes usually happen when the system is under some kind of load like a game but they are not exclusive to that.
These are the blue screens:

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I'll post any more Minidumps when I get them.

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Have you always had the problems since you added the extra RAM? You are running two differently rated RAM chips so, have you stress tested the machine with MemTest86+ for about 10 passes? Have you tried taking out two sticks (either the two new or the two old) and seeing if it is stable then?

Reaction score
Have you always had the problems since you added the extra RAM? You are running two differently rated RAM chips so, have you stress tested the machine with MemTest86+ for about 10 passes? Have you tried taking out two sticks (either the two new or the two old) and seeing if it is stable then?
I just started the MemTest86 and I tried taking out two sticks but it still crashed, caves are I did it wrong.
EDIT: Yes, the system has been having problems for a while now. It was crashing like crazy about 9 months ago and I turned out to be a cooling issue in the GPU. They sent me a new one but I still have the crashes so that probably wasn't the only problem. I also replaced the motherboard and power supply.

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
What do you have plugged in to the USB ports?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Have you tried an update to the Driver for the XBox controller?
If not HERE is the link.

Reaction score
Have you tried an update to the Driver for the XBox controller?
If not HERE is the link.
Ill try installing that once the MemTest is finished, but I already have drivers installed for it so I don't think that it is the problem.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The most common problems that cause BSODs besides hardware problems are viruses and drivers. Since it is a fresh install a virus is less likely that an out-dated poorly written old driver.

Reaction score
Your right, Ill unplug it and uninstall the driver and check if it still blue screens
Ok I uninstalled the old driver and disconnected the receiver. Then I started a game to put the system under some load, and got a new blue screen.
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Here is a picture and a DMP file. I dont know if it is the right DMP file though.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Ok, so did you run MemTest86 as Trainableman asked?

After you have completed that please run the following command from a command prompt as Administrator:
Code:
wmic recoveros set DebugInfoType = 2
As with all crash dumps, the simplest thing to eliminate is if there is virus activity. So please do the following even if you have AV installed.
  1. Download and run TDSSKiller.
    1. Accept the "End User License Agreement"
    2. Accept the "KSN Statement"
    3. Select "Change Parameters" and Select:
      • Verify file digital signatures
      • Detect TDLFS file system
      • Use KSN to scan objects
    4. When the scan is complete the log file is in C:\ It will have a name like "TDSSKiller.3.0.0.34_04.05.2014_08.05.16_log.txt"
  2. Install Malwarebytes (Free Version)
    1. Select "Threat Scan"
    2. When it is completed, please upload the log file from: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs
  3. Please download and run Windows Defender Offline.
    1. Click "Next"
    2. Click "I Accept"
    3. Select Either: (Typically it is either CD/DVD or USB)
      • CD or DVD
      • USB
      • ISO file
    4. Cllick "Next"
    5. It will create a CD / DVD / USB and will boot and scan your hard drive offline.
  4. Download CPU-Z and run it.
    • Go to the "About" tab
    • Click on "Save Report (.TXT) and save it to your desktop.
    • Upload the text file to the forum.

Reaction score
Hi. Here are the CPU-Z About, Malwarebytes and TDSSKILLER files. I couldnt get windows defender offline to rune. I boot to the flash drive and the program pops up but it wont let me scan unless I update the parameters.When I try to do that an error message comes up saying that I am not connected to the internet.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Could you please re-run TDSSKiller, but with the options I outlined in my post(The ones in RED text)

Ask a Question