SOLVED BSOD crash 0x0000008E

Reaction score
The problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x0000008E(0xC000001D,0x85D5E1E4,0x8E71CBAC,0x00000000)
*** fltmgr.sys - Address 85D5E1E4 base at 85D59000, DateStamp 4a5bbf11

Please send your replies as soon as possible.
Will i be able to recover my files back after this problem is solved?
Thanks in advance

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
And what happened when you rebooted? Are you saying the computer will not start back up?

Try to restart the computer and post the DMP.

Reaction score
And what happened when you rebooted? Are you saying the computer will not start back up?

Try to restart the computer and post the DMP.
I tried rebooting after sometime but same problem persists.
First the supply to mouse and keyboard stops and the monitor
freezes.
Is it something with ram or os.
Can it be rectified with new install
or should i go for technical assistance

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
RAM may arrive bad (defect in the manufacturing or incompatibility with the MOBO) but it rarely ever "goes" bad. In my experience the most common hardware failures are the hard drive or the power supply (desktop) / battery (laptop).

Put in a W7 Install DVD and set the boot order so the DVDRom is first. See if it boots fine to the W7 DVD.

Reaction score
RAM may arrive bad (defect in the manufacturing or incompatibility with the MOBO) but it rarely ever "goes" bad. In my experience the most common hardware failures are the hard drive or the power supply (desktop) / battery (laptop).

Put in a W7 Install DVD and set the boot order so the DVDRom is first. See if it boots fine to the W7 DVD.
The situation is worse.The boot menu is not accessible.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
So you can't even get to the BIOS on boot-up? Then it's almost definitely hardware, the OS isn't even touched when the BIOS is accessed on start-up.

Any chance a thunderstorm/power surge hit your computer? Your MOBO may have been damaged.

The good news if it is hardware is you may be able to rescue your hard drive and data. Once you get a new computer (or replace the bad components) you can try adding your old hard drive to recover your data.

Reaction score
So you can't even get to the BIOS on boot-up? Then it's almost definitely hardware, the OS isn't even touched when the BIOS is accessed on start-up.

Any chance a thunderstorm/power surge hit your computer? Your MOBO may have been damaged.

The good news if it is hardware is you may be able to rescue your hard drive and data. Once you get a new computer (or replace the bad components) you can try adding your old hard drive to recover your data.
What you told is correct.The problem was with the RAM slot.I switched to other slot.Now the computer is fine;).
Is there anything that can repair that worn out slot??:confused:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It may not be that the slot is damaged. Some MOBOs have different colored RAM slots and I know at least some boards where each blue slot pair had to have two identical RAM sticks in them because they were designated dual channel.

Reaction score
It may not be that the slot is damaged. Some MOBOs have different colored RAM slots and I know at least some boards where each blue slot pair had to have two identical RAM sticks in them because they were designated dual channel.
I have a P5G41T-M LX3. It has two blue RAM slots but i don't know whether is single or dual channel.Before the RAM module was in first slot so the pc didn't boot.Now I switched to second slot and pc works fine.So most probably the problem must with the slot since i used the same stick in both slots

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There isn't really a way to fix the slot if it is bad; you would need to replace the MOBO. So if you are happy with the current memory I'd say leave it alone unless your motherboard is still under warranty.

Reaction score
Your System Restore utility would be helpful to troubleshoot this particular problem. Here's how to do that:

1. Click Start, type System Restore and then press ENTER key of your keyboard.
2. Click Next button, follow the wizard.
3. Reboot.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
A system restore is not going to help a hardware issue

Reaction score
Your System Restore utility would be helpful to troubleshoot this particular problem. Here's how to do that:

1. Click Start, type System Restore and then press ENTER key of your keyboard.
2. Click Next button, follow the wizard.
3. Reboot.
A system restore can be made only when the os boots up.My problem as mentioned here was that the boot menu was inaccessible

Ask a Question