BSOD analysis discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What I'm saying though is that:

1) The computer would most likely beep at power on if this were the case.

2) If it didn't beep, most likely it wouldn't power on at all.

3) In the extreme rare instance this is even plausable, my testing technique has already covered this as in when I tell users, "Test the modules one at a time in the slot closest to the cpu, while others are removed."

My testing technique eliminates the possibility 100% that this could be the cause at all. Or eliminates it as the cause in the extreme rare instance it could have been the culprit.

Basically, what I'm saying is that you're not finding any new or uncovered reason that I have been neglecting at all.

Reaction score
My testing technique eliminates the possibility 100% that this could be the cause at all. Or eliminates it as the cause in the extreme rare instance it could have been the culprit.
But yet your technique starts with the removal of AV software instead of covering all possible hardware issues first. No wonder people keep coming back saying things like "Whoops, I spoke to soon. I just received another BSOD." Seems your technique could use some improving as its not as flawless as you think. I may not be able to read those Mini-dumps but that doesn't mean I can not solve my own BSOD issues.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I personally have seen issues where the RAM does need to be reseated sometimes, even though the system DOES BOOT UP. It doesn't happen but in a few instances, some DIMM sockets require the RAM to be seated and reseated a few times before a good boot ensues.

A lot of the time, the RAM total won't be correct compared to the sticks inserted. That's why sometimes the reseating of RAM will correct the problem. I've seen where just a miniscule mis-seat of RAM will cause issues, no more off than a millimeter or less. Sometimes just a slight offset or cocked seating of RAM sticks can cause this

Therefore I concur with Cliff regarding his comments on mis-seated RAM.

Reaction score
But yet your technique starts with the removal of AV software instead of covering all possible hardware issues first. No wonder people keep coming back saying things like "Whoops, I spoke to soon. I just received another BSOD." Seems your technique could use some improving as its not as flawless as you think. I may not be able to read those Mini-dumps but that doesn't mean I can not solve my own BSOD issues.
No, I eliminate all software issues before the users (many inexperienced) have to open their machine, and perhaps void the warranty in the process. A great deal, probably greater than 50% of cases. are solved like this.

You aren't going to figure out anything better than I already have, but keep trying.

Every time you say something, I have a truly better answer to provide to you.

Reaction score
I personally have seen issues where the RAM does need to be reseated sometimes, even though the system DOES BOOT UP. It doesn't happen but in a few instances, some DIMM sockets require the RAM to be seated and reseated a few times before a good boot ensues.

A lot of the time, the RAM total won't be correct compared to the sticks inserted. That's why sometimes the reseating of RAM will correct the problem. I've seen where just a miniscule mis-seat of RAM will cause issues, no more off than a millimeter or less. Sometimes just a slight offset or cocked seating of RAM sticks can cause this

Therefore I concur with Cliff regarding his comments on mis-seated RAM.
Yes, it is true that RAM can go unreported because of this, but users never start a bsod thread and say "Hey, my memory is missing or less than I have."

I already have all the bases covered in what I do. 100 million posts from you guys and there is not going to be any new ground to me covered.

I am not saying you don't have some knowledge, but go ahead and tell everyone to reseat their RAM to solve bsods and see how far you get.

Go ahead, any of you....solve 1 bsod thread. I am not posting on purpose....Make me eat my hat....Solve 1 please. There are threads waiting.

Here: https://www.w7forums.com/hd6850-crossfire-bsods-losing-my-mind-here-t8863.html

Solve this one please.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Hmmm, speaking the truth is not arrogance; it's HOW the truth is spoken or in your case stated, that makes the difference.

Once again, the perfect indisputable truth.
The above is an arrogant self-aggrandizing statement. That statement turns people off to what you're saying and that is where the issues begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question