BSOD analysis discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
No, disabling antivirus still leaves the drivers active on the system, so not enough.

As for the previous bsod cracker, I have already been teaching Ross a few things about them....

as I was saying in that thread which I am not even going to check on any longer.

See, now Ross has an excellent chance of getting really good with this, because he actually listens to what I have to say.

Reaction score
I'm not going to plug any other site, but if you want my help Steven, I'm not hard to find elsewhere. You're welcome to post your problem there and I'll fix this for you asap. :)

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I am not totally ignorant in Computer problems. I am fully aware that the drivers will still be loaded. That is basic. I am only suggesting that, instead of blindly pinpointing alternative anti virus programs as the culprit, which you tend to do every time, it should first be isolated as a possible cause.
I would also suggest that, if you wish to continue BSOD problem solving, you do it on this site, instead of popping up on such threads, merely to redirect enquirers!

Reaction score
But, for the purpose of fault tracking and our observation as to where these constant problems really lie, could they not disable their anti virus in the first instance?
Questions are great. That's how people learn and a plus to you for asking. :)

But yes, in respect, I do say you are ignorant with regards to bsods for asking that question. I do not wish to argue but I have solved, as a conservative estimate, 10,000 machines with bsods since Windows 7 beta release.

And you have solved not one.

Why do you think it is appropriate for you to question my techniques?

To show my kind side, and honestly without any controversies intended, I am willing to teach you or anyone else interested for that matter. You would have to be willing to learn and follow, instead of dismissing my techniques.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Questions are great. That's how people learn and a plus to you for asking. :)

But yes, in respect, I do say you are ignorant with regards to bsods for asking that question.
Why?

And you have solved not one.

Hmm? I wonder how you arrived at that conclusion

Why do you think it is appropriate for you to question my techniques?

Once again you totally immodest ego overwhelms me.Fwiw, I do not see that I am questioniong your techniques. My reply was to the only other member, at that time, before you horned in, as a suggestion, not an order.

My last sentence, in my previous post, was the only one which required a response from you, under the circumstances of late.

Reaction score
But yes, in respect, I do say you are ignorant with regards to bsods for asking that question.
Why?

------

Simply because you are asking if you can disable the antivirus to test if bsods happen or not. If bsods are in fact being caused by the antivirus in use, disabling will have no effect and if disabled, they will continue to happen.

So in actuality, disabling would not have accomplished anything.

Hey, 99% of the time, I am extremely humble. You guys pushed me to where I have to defend my techniques. I tried to do so in a decent manner, and I've taken shots over the course of weeks...a little here, a little there...

I'm told I sip Microsoft Kool-Aid etc....

When an appreciative user thanks me for stopping the bsods on their machine, which happens anywhere from 10-20, sometimes 30 times on any given day, that's why I do what I do.

I don't think any single one of them would have anything to say against my techniques and advice. Those are the ones that matter...

I don't order anybody. What I really mean is, and I have said this on occasion to people - that I literally can not help any longer if you don't want to follow - because you are interfering in my technique. Again, I mean that literally and not spiteful to them.

I really honestly do not understand why I have taken any flak at all....when it is clear I make so many people happy in any given day. I think the best advice for you guys is to leave well enough alone, and perhaps, learn from what I do either by my posts or asking me anything you'd wish to in the world, directly.

To sum it up, I'm a good dude, and I really did not appreciate amateurs (meant in truth and respect, because you guys aren't analysts at all) telling me how to do what has made over 10,000 people happy.

Reaction score
TG - Coming from someone that admires you very much so in what you actually do.

This is point blank my issue with you.

It doesn't matter if we are idiots or not, if you can not control your tongue and stop calling us as much. You will find you can no longer post here. I find that ashame because I do like I said admire you. It stops here one way or another.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
"If bsods are in fact being caused by the antivirus in use, disabling will have no effect and if disabled, they will continue to happen."

Huh??

The uninstalling and installing, instead, MSE, will work?

Reaction score
"If bsods are in fact being caused by the antivirus in use, disabling will have no effect and if disabled, they will continue to happen."

Huh??

The uninstalling and installing, instead, MSE, will work?
Yes, because it is literally 100% impossible for MSE to cause a bsod.

Reaction score
TG - Coming from someone that admires you very much so in what you actually do.

This is point blank my issue with you.

It doesn't matter if we are idiots or not, if you can not control your tongue and stop calling us as much. You will find you can no longer post here. I find that ashame because I do like I said admire you. It stops here one way or another.
Where am I calling anyone an idiot? Ignorance does not mean stupidity.

Ignorance means simply "lack of knowledge". It is not an insult and I''m sorry you have taken it that way.

Real "nice" of you to push on me again, while I'm being nice here.

Thank you for the compliment....I see what you guys do with other things and there is respect there, believe me. But nobody here honestly knows how to deal with bsods and everyone is coming down on me when I'm the one that does.

Here is how to end the disagreements: Any of you are welcome to post why you think you have a right to try to alter my techniques when I have repaired over 10,000 machines and collectively, you (plural) have solved none. I will not even respond but simply read. (Unless there are honest questions relating to learning.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Why?

------

Simply because you are asking if you can disable the antivirus to test if bsods happen or not. If bsods are in fact being caused by the antivirus in use, disabling will have no effect and if disabled, they will continue to happen.

So in actuality, disabling would not have accomplished anything.

Hey, 99% of the time, I am extremely humble. You guys pushed me to where I have to defend my techniques. I tried to do so in a decent manner, and I've taken shots over the course of weeks...a little here, a little there...

I'm told I sip Microsoft Kool-Aid etc....

When an appreciative user thanks me for stopping the bsods on their machine, which happens anywhere from 10-20, sometimes 30 times on any given day, that's why I do what I do.

I don't think any single one of them would have anything to say against my techniques and advice. Those are the ones that matter...

I don't order anybody. What I really mean is, and I have said this on occasion to people - that I literally can not help any longer if you don't want to follow - because you are interfering in my technique. Again, I mean that literally and not spiteful to them.

I really honestly do not understand why I have taken any flak at all....when it is clear I make so many people happy in any given day. I think the best advice for you guys is to leave well enough alone, and perhaps, learn from what I do either by my posts or asking me anything you'd wish to in the world, directly.

To sum it up, I'm a good dude, and I really did not appreciate amateurs (meant in truth and respect, because you guys aren't analysts at all) telling me how to do what has made over 10,000 people happy.
Well...
I'm new here. And i think that if you don't understand why you've taken any flak at all... let me say something:
The fact that you helped so many people and made them happy doesn't give you the right to talk like you talk to users like i saw you doing.
Just because you know how to do something doesn't quite gives you full supremacy on others. You talk and act like you're God, or something similar...
That's my opinion...

Reaction score
Well...
I'm new here. And i think that if you don't understand why you've taken any flak at all... let me say something:
The fact that you helped so many people and made them happy doesn't give you the right to talk like you talk to users like i saw you doing.
Just because you know how to do something doesn't quite gives you full supremacy on others. You talk and act like you're God, or something similar...
That's my opinion...
You simply are saying this because you didn't like how I was telling users to avoid driver update automatic software when you kept pushing it.

I did so because I wish not to see users that don't know wind up with unbootable machines, which even Trainable Man himself has said to experience with them. You were giving bad advice and I was making sure, for the benefit of readers, that they would not follow it. I am a purist in this manner and you nor anyone else is going to change my exceptional and perfectionist nature when it comes to technical solutions and problems. Sorry.

I don't act like God...I do however, re-enforce to members that simply refuse to do what I am telling them when I can see plain as the nose on my face what their issues are.

As I told the other mods....consider it like a doctor that is telling an extremely overweight person that they can no longer eat a 5000 calorie dinner.

Reaction score
It's the negative descriptive words no matter which ones that don't need to be posted on the forum at all.

TG - I will publicly ask if you will stay and search for common grounds between us all. There has to be something that we all can do to find these common grounds.

I made the statement once before that if anyone was qualified to moderate the BSOD section you were the guy. I chose to stay out because I don't know how to Analyze BSOD's. You are correct I am ignorant of BSOD analysis but that doesn't mean you can publicly announce the fact.

Further more its easy for anyone to see, you are the guy when it comes to analyzing BSOD's. If those of us more technical ask questions, what do you think those less technical are thinking and are choosing to stay quiet. I have seen you get stirred up in the threads before and make statements like "Do as I said and everything will be fine". Why do you think those items were never done? Could be the user questioning your response to them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
"Do as I say and everything will be fine" is a pure statement of hope and encouragement, and meant extremely well. After all, these people are coming to me for help. :)

I know if I had a physical issue and a doctor told me that, I'd be fairly happy.

I think you and others very much misunderstand me at times, perhaps, due to the lack of tone-of-voice on the net.

Reaction score
I do have a question for you TG.

Why is it you never give advice like "Remove and Re-seat you RAM modules"?
I've purchased memory three times the past two years and everytime experienced BSOD's until I re-seated the modules a few times to get a good seat. I do wonder how many of these threads suffer from the very same issues.

Reaction score
You simply are saying this because you didn't like how I was telling users to avoid driver update automatic software when you kept pushing it.

I did so because I wish not to see users that don't know wind up with unbootable machines, which even Trainable Man himself has said to experience with them. You were giving bad advice and I was making sure, for the benefit of readers, that they would not follow it. I am a purist in this manner and you nor anyone else is going to change my exceptional and perfectionist nature when it comes to technical solutions and problems. Sorry.

I don't act like God...I do however, re-enforce to members that simply refuse to do what I am telling them when I can see plain as the nose on my face what their issues are.

As I told the other mods....consider it like a doctor that is telling an extremely overweight person that they can no longer eat a 5000 calorie dinner.
You're wrong about my reasons to say what i've said...
And i was not giving advices... the only thing i said was that i've never had problems with AVG... and that i find it strange that you always began your advices telling to unninstall AVG... despite not knowing if people have it in there systems... i think.
I think you have a "fixation" about MSE... but that's not the problem, it's irrelevant.
It was just that... i dind't advise anyone to install or unnistall any software. That i remember!

Reaction score
You're wrong about my reasons to say what i've said...
And i was not giving advices... the only thing i said was that i've never had problems with AVG... and that i find it strange that you always began your advices telling to unninstall AVG... despite not knowing if people have it in there systems... i think.
I think you have a "fixation" about MSE... but that's not the problem, it's irrelevant.
It was just that... i dind't advise anyone to install or unnistall any software. That i remember!
I know I have posted this somewhere before...but AVG was responsible for a massive amount of bsods last year. Well more than half the machines I've solved were strictly crashing because of it at the time. Clifford and others have seen me solve issues without even touching a crash dump or any other piece of info...simply by me telling them to uninstall AVG.

MSE can not cause a bsod as it is literally impossible for it to do so.

Please remember here, I have history and knowledge gained from solving over 10,000 machines. That should be enough for you to take what I say as fact and not speculation.

Reaction score
I do have a question for you TG.

Why is it you never give advice like "Remove and Re-seat you RAM modules"?
I've purchased memory three times the past two years and everytime experienced BSOD's until I re-seated the modules a few times to get a good seat. I do wonder how many of these threads suffer from the very same issues.
You aren't going to like my answer to this, so I'm kinda stuck in a lose-lose predicament here.

I don't wonder about this because every thread has been solved or given a definite answer. When all drivers are known well on a machine to me, I don't say "test with Memetest to see if there are RAM issues".

I do say "test with Memtest and when errors are shown, replace the RAM."

Also as I was saying, never in my history have I instructed someone to purchase or RMA the RAM and have them come back and say that the machine is still crashing.
I do tell people when it's at the very end of my technique, to test the modules one at a time while removing all others. This alone, would ensure reseating of RAM.

Other than that, I think it is an extremely rare issue, because if modules weren't seated fully well anyhow, the motherboard would give bios beeps or even refuse to power on at all.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Other than that, I think it is an extremely rare issue, because if modules weren't seated fully well anyhow, the motherboard would give bios beeps or even refuse to power on at all.
I didn't say the modules where not seated at all.

Think of it this way:
When a car battery has a bad connection at the battery terminals, the car develops signs of wanting to start when it wants too.
Memory modules have hundreds of these connections all of which could develop these very same problems at any point of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question