Bought these drives to try.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
These are some definite high-end drive. Look like enterprise class to me!

These should do a good job for you for several years.

I want one, my address is...

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Damn Mate! You're going all out here.

Next thing we'll see is gold-plated Lian-Li case!

Reaction score
Nah, keeping my nice blue Thermaltake Xaser III. But if your interested I'll show you my short list of PSU.

Reaction score
A gold computer case struck my curiosity. :D

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]Zc63EWeERwI[/MEDIA]"]YouTube- Gold Omen[/ame]

Reaction score
If I ever get that bad you all have my permission to hit me.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
When I registered my Caviar Black drive for warranty purposes, I noticed the one that runs at 10,000 rpm. Aside from their SSD's, it appears to be their top of the line drive. Something that may be interesting to purchase in the future.

You are going to be extremely satisfied with those drives, I sure of it. You get what you pay for, in most instances.

Cat

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
I would get the Corsair PSU. They're very highly rated and rock solid.

Reaction score
Yeah, My current HDD are Velociraptors but only 32Gig and cost way more then the current versions but have been great otherwise. The only thing I'm not sure about is my old ones are true 3.5inch form factor. The new ones are marketed as 3.5 but are really only 2.5 with cages to mount in the 3.5 bays. Might make them more prone to vibration but I also wonder what in real terms of use the difference is between a 3.5 and a 2.5 drive?

With the PSU just have to make sure it will fit my Thermaltake case. I like d the specs of the Corsair. My existing PSU is a Thermaltake 550 watt unit and it's been very good.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Might make them more prone to vibration but I also wonder what in real terms of use the difference is between a 3.5 and a 2.5 drive?
I don't think it has anything to do with vibration on the cages, I believe it might help with keeping those high-speed platters cool.

The 2.5 form factor apparently helps with seek times and responsiveness.

Reaction score
Yeah mine do get warm to touch although have always scored in the safe region for temps.

It's why I've always gone for full tower cases to help with airflow inside.

Ask a Question